JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, thanks for the reply but I'm looking for outdoor shooting areas that you don't have to pay to shoot, and ones that are un moderated, there is an outdoor range 20 minutes from my house but those are lame, I don't want some tough guy breathing down my neck telling me not to rapid fire, I want to be able to set up my own run n' gun course and get some real life defensive pistol and rifle training, somewhere private where not many people will just show up randomly to interrupt our training. I may just have to drive out into the middle of nowhere and find my own spot. If anyone is familiar with the YouTube guy nutnfancy then you already know what I'm talking about.

Yeah, thanks for the reply but I'm looking for outdoor shooting areas that you don't have to pay to shoot, and ones that are un moderated, there is an outdoor range 20 minutes from my house but those are lame, I don't want some tough guy breathing down my neck telling me not to rapid fire, I want to be able to set up my own run n' gun course and get some real life defensive pistol and rifle training, somewhere private where not many people will just show up randomly to interrupt our training. I may just have to drive out into the middle of nowhere and find my own spot. If anyone is familiar with the YouTube guy nutnfancy then you already know what I'm talking about.

Only problem is...most of that kind of land is 'owned' by someone - and that guy will be the one breathing down your neck, unless of course you get permission. It's getting harder and harder to find open areas to shoot - without drawing someone's attention. And with all the goofballs out there who leave their garbage all over, or who make spectacles of themselves when they are out there shooting, it kind of gives the anti-gun lovers more fuel to shut down areas that we used to enjoy. Not saying that everyone is irresponsible, but all it takes is a few. The spot that I have listed above, we used to drag out a few garbage bags full of left-over crap that people left up there. And the next time up, it would be littered up again. Luckily, I have a few friends who have some wide open property over in Central Or, with hills almost all around to serve as backstops. A couple of them have enough range, where we can open up with the .50 bmg and not worry about it, even has targets set up and marked from 100yds to 2500 - I know...wishful thinking. But the steel at that target has been rung, several times ;)

I hope you find the kind of wide open range you are looking for on that side of the river. I would think over in the central part of the state, similar to what we have down here, there should be some spots. It's just a matter of making sure you get permission, or it's state land with no restrictions. Good luck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top