JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My favorite forestry company owned land is no longer available (see pic) IMG_20170715_084323892.jpg . That was an hour drive from my house to the site in Mason county. The prosecutors office vendetta to get Marcus Carter and the Kitsap rifle and revolver club has to date restricted shooting to a 5 acre parcel minimum in the county. I'm not looking for an area to train a 100 man militia and due to old age taking it's toll on my body I'm no longer as able to hike far either.
SOOOO, anyone know of State owned or any land that is not overrun with ATV's, joggers, hikers and such within an hours drive or so that I can go send some rounds downrange and won't invite a visit from the local gendarmes?

privatize our public lands... yay.

maybe look into Tahuya or Capitol State forest land....? (While its still public)

Right but is that the area where you go? If not it is still around an hour from Port Orchard.

That is the area that I USED to go to, not wanting to risk my 2nd Amendment rights with some BS arrest, I am looking for somewhere else. I made the 100 mile round trip many times over the years, but apparently the timber company wants to keep everyone out (see pic).

I'd love to find a good spot. Crazy how hard it is to find some place with a good backstop where I don't have to compete with off roaders. I've had less than stellar luck at Tahuya.

At Tahuya? I'd love to hear where if you're willing to share. I've had a similar experience as 440volt, combined with not great experiences at Tahuya. I'm looking into pay to use timber land, but I haven't found too much for decent land to shoot on. I've been driving to the Tacoma Sportsman's Club where at least I can shoot without getting hassled.

At Tahuya? I'd love to hear where if you're willing to share. I've had a similar experience as 440volt, combined with not great experiences at Tahuya. I'm looking into pay to use timber land, but I haven't found too much for decent land to shoot on. I've been driving to the Tacoma Sportsman's Club where at least I can shoot without getting hassled.
I actually go out near Shelton. Around browns creek

I don't get where the sign says you can not shoot. It says no motorized access, which is becoming an issue with all the beer can tossing, knuckle dragging, slack-jawed mono-brow crowd. I think most of the western peninsula is signed like that.

Such signage makes for some awesome elk hunting on bicycles.

I don't get where the sign says you can not shoot. It says no motorized access, which is becoming an issue with all the beer can tossing, knuckle dragging, slack-jawed mono-brow crowd. I think most of the western peninsula is signed like that.

Such signage makes for some awesome elk hunting on bicycles.
There are some places in kitsap county that specifically says no hunting or shooting. All along Lake Flora is one place

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top