JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMHO the best shooting area I've been is North Wolf Creek out past Hillsboro. Proper shooting lanes. I recommend going early and going deep into the forest. The close in areas are nice but crowded. The place I discovered was probably a twenty minute drive into the forest and we set some targets out to 250 yards, set up clay pigeons on the walls and we had steel about 100 yards out.

On the eastside I'd recommend finding some BLM land (south of Corbett and the South Side of the Sandy River has a nice rope swing and swimming as a perk). Wildwood right outside of Sandy is nice.
Clackamas county has a bunch of shooting areas at gravel pits. The most famous and probably the closest(50 min) to Portland is Pit 36(the mile marker) right outside Estacada.

I haven't been yet but there's a spot outside St. Helens that looks interesting and then there's north of Carson, WA that I've also been told has some potential.

I'm going out to Cottonwood Canyon (2 hours from Portland) looking to do some distance shooting in the near future, I'll probably do a write up on it when I get back.

Good luck, be safe and don't use up all of your ammo.
I honestly don't know how you could shoot too far out at cottonwood canyon, the public access borders the river and you have to cross a lot of private land to stay on the path.
Let me know how it works out for ya, but I'd pack a pistol just in case... ;)

Edit; Looked at a map, seems the land acquisitions went through and you might be able to get a spot near the big eddy. Good luck!
:s0155:

Last Edited:
tv,

Would I be correct in thinking you sympathize with anti-fa members?

If so, why come to an overwhelmingly anti-anti-fa site?

Please, be so kind as to explain.

As I understand this old adage: You are the company you keep.

Because this is supposed to be a site about firearms, not politics? As has been for the three years I've been here, I won't discuss mine.

I'm here to buy, sell, and discuss firearms / parts. Every single transaction here I've met a real good guy on the other side of the screen. If we intend to further 2a causes, we need more than like minded individuals on our side. Normalize, don't stigmatize.

Edit to be useful: @OneShotPepper dm me your email, I'll add you to a Google map with a bunch of spots across OR / WA

Last Edited:
Because this is supposed to be a site about firearms, not politics? As has been for the three years I've been here, I won't discuss mine.

I'm here to buy, sell, and discuss firearms / parts. Every single transaction here I've met a real good guy on the other side of the screen. If we intend to further 2a causes, we need more than like minded individuals on our side. Normalize, don't stigmatize.

Edit to be useful: @OneShotPepper dm me your email, I'll add you to a Google map with a bunch of spots across OR / WA
You're awesomeeee. Dming now

Bear in mind 'anyplace' that's for free...is dangerous with a multitude of those that are less than educated about firearms versus a disciplined range that cost's a few sheckles.

I'm a member of a range that costs a whole $175.00 annually.

This is a 50 acre, superb range, spotlessly maintained with tremendous amenities.

You can shoot rifle, pistol, (steel plate or paper targets) dedicated .22 caliber range, skeet and trap range, plus a dedicated air rifle range.

Free isn't free if you have to rub elbows with those have zero interest in safety.
I don't mind paying or the price for that matter. Everything with memberships are closed or a process to be apart of which takes a while, I'm sure everyone is aware of this though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top