JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome!

Take a peruse thru:

Have only been to the North Fork Wolf Creek range. Highly recommend. It's busy, so get there early. As in dawn on a weekend.

Be mindful of the standard "rules for firearms safety" at all times.

Coopers are a good starting point.

Downtown?:rolleyes:
I was going to say Washington Park, Kelly Point Park, Peninsula Park, Mt. Tabor, Rocky Butte... the list goes on! :s0114:

I know one pit in Oregon where people shoot off ridiculous amounts of ammo. Google Map THIS SPOT. It's in the Mount Hood National Forest. I once went camping not far away. Two guys came and fired off more than 5,000 rounds in a single day. We started counting a bit after the first hour or so. It's a long drive in and I wouldn't recommend it for a day trip. This is more of a spot where you go for the weekend. There is a clear, flat area just below for camping. The big spot on the map is the pit. The smaller one nearby is where you can camp. There are other camping ops nearby. Long way back to the store, so come prepared.

Welcome to NWFA. Glad you found the forum. There's plenty of ways to get involved.

Come check out a clean up, it'll introduce you to others that enjoy shooting and you may find adjoining interests. It'll also be a way to find other outdoor areas safe to practice.

I know one pit in Oregon where people shoot off ridiculous amounts of ammo. Google Map THIS SPOT. It's in the Mount Hood National Forest. I once went camping not far away. Two guys came and fired off more than 5,000 rounds in a single day. We started counting a bit after the first hour or so. It's a long drive in and I wouldn't recommend it for a day trip. This is more of a spot where you go for the weekend. There is a clear, flat area just below for camping. The big spot on the map is the pit. The smaller one nearby is where you can camp. There are other camping ops nearby. Long way back to the store, so come prepared.
My daily commute is further than that if you live on the east side of the river... :s0114:

There's a group that shows up in Portland quite often called, "Anti-something." If you see them, follow all safety and self defense laws and have at it!

Bear in mind 'anyplace' that's for free...is dangerous with a multitude of those that are less than educated about firearms versus a disciplined range that cost's a few sheckles.

I'm a member of a range that costs a whole $175.00 annually.

This is a 50 acre, superb range, spotlessly maintained with tremendous amenities.

You can shoot rifle, pistol, (steel plate or paper targets) dedicated .22 caliber range, skeet and trap range, plus a dedicated air rifle range.

Free isn't free if you have to rub elbows with those have zero interest in safety.

There's a group that shows up in Portland quite often called, "Anti-something." If you see them, follow all safety and self defense laws and have at it!

The anti-fascist folks you are referring to using as target practice are local to PDX, they don't really show up per say, they're always around.

Bear in mind 'anyplace' that's for free...is dangerous with a multitude of those that are less than educated about firearms versus a disciplined range that cost's a few sheckles.

I'm a member of a range that costs a whole $175.00 annually.

This is a 50 acre, superb range, spotlessly maintained with tremendous amenities.

You can shoot rifle, pistol, (steel plate or paper targets) dedicated .22 caliber range, skeet and trap range, plus a dedicated air rifle range.

Free isn't free if you have to rub elbows with those have zero interest in safety.

@MannyGlocks , care to share info on that location? Thanks!

LOL! I didn't even look at your location as this was for Portland, so I assumed. :D yeah, that's just A BIT out of my way... :D

I think he was giving you an example, rather than a location.

AFAIK, most PDXrs shoot at Tri-City.... Albany? Salem? Not sure, but somebody will chime in with club/range suggestions I'm sure.

not free, but if you can make it across the river to Vancouver, The English Pit is $18 + a couple of bucks for targets. It's a decent proper, safe outdoor range, but it can get busy on weekends. One of the few where you can show up with your own ammo to shoot.

I think he was giving you an example, rather than a location.

AFAIK, most PDXrs shoot at Tri-City.... Albany? Salem? Not sure, but somebody will chime in with club/range suggestions I'm sure.

Yeah, not exactly "Portland", but this forum has a decent list, that's how I found some.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top