JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After looking around online, I figured the best bang for my buck was to go my own way. $130 later I've got 10-14 days of food and water and related suplies, good to go. Not a 5 year shelf life, but the Union Gospel Mission will get when I refresh it in a year or 2. Better quality food than MREs, and more of it for a better price!

Datrex bars are what many cruise lines (and perhaps freighters) put into their emergency kits aboard the life boats. Very small, compact and keep a very long time. Not much in the way of enjoyment while eating but it will keep your motor running.

The term "Fresh MRE's" is a bit of an oxymoron. IF they are true MRE's they are usually available on the "LEGAL" market well into their life span. If they are the immitation variety they may be fresh, or they may not. At best, the extended life of an MRE depends on continued storage below 60 degrees. Anything that isn't factory fresh is a crapshoot. As for private sales (e-bay, craigslist, etc) who knows whose garage they've been stored in and how warm they got.

If planning on storing them for any time your best bet is to order online from one of the several manufacturers that make the "imitation" variety that are sold for disaster relief. Either them or someone like Cheaper-Than-Dirt. At least theirs haven't spent a couple of summers in a garage or behind the seat of a pickup truck.

I shop at the Ft. Lewis part, not McChord commissary. Not sure what they run now, haven't bought in a while. But, I wouldn't be reselling them if I did....(That is a no-no, selling/giving stuff away that you buy in the commissary, and yes, I follow the rules).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top