Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where to purchase MREs around the puget sound?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by carbuncle, Mar 12, 2011.

1. carbuncle

carbuncle South Snoho Member

Is there anywhere around the sound that sells fresh MREs? My disaster plan includes more than that, but I would like to bank some MREs and heaters as part of it. Thanks for your help.

2. dream45

dream45 SE Portland Member

I hear they are $59 at Fort Lewis

3. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Cheaper than Dirt has a good deal on 3 different grades of MRE meal cases. Order enough and they might ship via truck on pallets

4. carbuncle

After looking around online, I figured the best bang for my buck was to go my own way. $130 later I've got 10-14 days of food and water and related suplies, good to go. Not a 5 year shelf life, but the Union Gospel Mission will get when I refresh it in a year or 2. Better quality food than MREs, and more of it for a better price!

5. carbuncle

I'd never heard of that, or the site you linked up: thanks for both.

6. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

when I want them I always go to the commissary on post....but that's just me...

7. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

8. Wenis

Wenis Tri-Cities, WA Member

theepicenter.com is in Oregon and they sell MREs with known packing dates, which is how I prefer to buy them. Good prices too, I've ordered many things from them.

9. carbuncle

Great sites, thank you!

10. Desertfox19

Desertfox19 Oregon New Member

So can you get them from McChord ? Can you get them by the case. What is the price.

11. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

Datrex bars are what many cruise lines (and perhaps freighters) put into their emergency kits aboard the life boats. Very small, compact and keep a very long time. Not much in the way of enjoyment while eating but it will keep your motor running.

12. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you can only get fresh ones now,since they have been selling pretty good the last week.

13. outlaw soldier

outlaw soldier tacoma New Member

If you are looking to buy MRE's I have a few case that I am selling... case A &B.. 75.00 obo.... send me your number

14. deadshot2

deadshot2 NW Quadrant WA State Well-Known Member

The term "Fresh MRE's" is a bit of an oxymoron. IF they are true MRE's they are usually available on the "LEGAL" market well into their life span. If they are the immitation variety they may be fresh, or they may not. At best, the extended life of an MRE depends on continued storage below 60 degrees. Anything that isn't factory fresh is a crapshoot. As for private sales (e-bay, craigslist, etc) who knows whose garage they've been stored in and how warm they got.

If planning on storing them for any time your best bet is to order online from one of the several manufacturers that make the "imitation" variety that are sold for disaster relief. Either them or someone like Cheaper-Than-Dirt. At least theirs haven't spent a couple of summers in a garage or behind the seat of a pickup truck.

15. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

I shop at the Ft. Lewis part, not McChord commissary. Not sure what they run now, haven't bought in a while. But, I wouldn't be reselling them if I did....(That is a no-no, selling/giving stuff away that you buy in the commissary, and yes, I follow the rules).