JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not sure where to buy live local,

But, as to season - crawdads are open to catch year round, 100 per day per person, no license needed (including fishing license, anyone can go catch them).
Now best catches are certainly in the summer as the fall rain cools the river and slows 'em down. That may be the season referred to.

alot of the commercially caught 'dads are out of the tualatin river, and timothy lake.

In my early teens I made $3k-$4k a month crawfishing on the Willamette channel in my $500 boat w/ over 300 traps up and down the river. Since I was under 18 I didn't need my boat licensed. A third of my crawfish went to Jakes downtown. That was 1/2 of what they sold for three years. Their only complaint was that my catch made their other crawfish look bad. Others were frozen and a guy exported them.

That was a **** of a fun job three hours a day. Nice $$. Sure beat a paper route and made living on a houseboat very convenient.

I had a broken trap once and caught what would have been a contender for the largest crawfish caught ever; it was about 9" in the body, 13" flat. But I ignorantly put it in overnight in a holding tank where that corn/food ran out and the other little crawfish ate him :(.

Ocean king in vancouver. Give them a call and they'll let you know if they have em, or when they will get more. Awesome little store, been buying a lot of live crab from them lately.

Thanks everyone!

Ok this is what I have so far...
ABC Seafood has probably less then 10lbs left for $3.59 per pound.
Jakes Famous Crayfish will not sell by the pound or tell where they get their crayfish from.
Ocean King Market will not have any until around May. They sell crayfish for $3.69 per pound. $3.19 per pound after 8lbs.

We are not planning on cooking crayfish until Saturday, so we are still looking. Thanks again everyone for helping.

Howard

In my early teens I made $3k-$4k a month crawfishing on the Willamette channel in my $500 boat w/ over 300 traps up and down the river. Since I was under 18 I didn't need my boat licensed. A third of my crawfish went to Jakes downtown. That was 1/2 of what they sold for three years. Their only complaint was that my catch made their other crawfish look bad. Others were frozen and a guy exported them.

That was a **** of a fun job three hours a day. Nice $$. Sure beat a paper route and made living on a houseboat very convenient.

I had a broken trap once and caught what would have been a contender for the largest crawfish caught ever; it was about 9" in the body, 13" flat. But I ignorantly put it in overnight in a holding tank where that corn/food ran out and the other little crawfish ate him :(.

Wow, sounds like fun. I don't even know if there are many crawfish in the Rogue River here but I have seen some while salmon and steelhead fishing. I think I'll get a couple of traps from Cabellas and try my luck.

<broken link removed>

Sulfur Springs Kentucky. These things were HUGE!

Picture100.jpg
Picture099.jpg

Om seafood is good. I went to college in Texas so I would go to new Orleans all the time. Crawfish are $10 for 20 lbs!!!! A couple of time I got a free turtle or baby croc in the mix too. Come back here and people look at you funny for eating crawfish

We spent about a week in NO a few years ago, before Katrina. We sampled every kind of food we could find including crawfish pie. One of the best things about visiting different places is the different foods.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top