JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sportsmans and cabelas has enough to touch and look at. Other then that it's gun shows for touching.

I buy used when I see it for a good deal and try to stay in state if possible.

I guess if I were to buy new, I'd try and send business to a smaller shop like SW WA Surplus or the like.

What they said. For what it's worth, the Fred Meyer on NE 117th in Vancouver now carries firearms (rifles, shotguns, and handguns). Small selection and the prices are higher than elsewhere, but they do have them now.

I try to buy used, but sucks in vanc everyone is either in portland or seattle.
There's not really anywhere in vanc. 311 has nothing in stock at least the couple times I went in.
Now i buy online for best price or at nw armory they have amazing stock and guys are always helpful

I can order guns in my shop and I'm off of 18th near Andresen but only sell used or consigned guns or accept transfers. To anyone looking to buy right now I send to sw surplus.

Anyone been into the shop by charlies produce? In the strip mall?
That's a Discount Gun Sales place. There's a couple of them around and not worth the trip there.

I've only done a transfer thru 311 tactical, but they really need to raise their game if they want to succeed. They had maybe 5 handguns when I was there. They do carry every item that Magpul sells, unfortunately at a higher price than can be sourced elsewhere locally.

Seems like most of the smaller gun stores in Vancouver don't understand they have to compete with stores in PDX on pricing and then add tax on top. Why do they start off badly by charging a higher price to begin with?

I asked if he was doing transfers and was told when he did he was "required" to collect taxes on the "Value" not the actual paid price. So in light of 595 you would pay a transfer fee plus tax on the "value" of the gun. I didn't ask how they determined the "value". Maybe WA state plans on creating a "gun Value" list. They used to pull the same BS on car sales. Called it an excise tax IIRC.

Well they probably do that because people will just say they paid $100 for a $20,000 car, same with a firearm, but it does worry me how they configure actual value?
They will probably make a soreadsheet based off from newtown prices and make transferring a firearm expensive just like the transfer of alcohol to private sales and not state ran.
state taxing the tax they put on ish.

Do you agree that it is right to be taxed by the state on Private property sales? Would you collect a sales tax if you sold your neighbor your old lawnmower or tablesaw? Taxing private party firearm sales is wrong. Where does the state draw the line as to what private party sales they can tax? Yard sales? Garage sales?

DMV taxs PP sales all the time. You buy a car from someone in WA and well they paid tax on it once and now you pay tax on it again when you register it.

As for paying tax on a value rather than a purchase price I find that one hard to believe. Many transfers I have done through a FFL had a receipt with them for what I paid for the item.

311 does have some stock you just need to hit it at the right time. I was in there once and they had maybe 25 handguns in stock. 2 weeks later they were down to about 5.

DMV taxs PP sales all the time. You buy a car from someone in WA and well they paid tax on it once and now you pay tax on it again when you register it.

As for paying tax on a value rather than a purchase price I find that one hard to believe. Many transfers I have done through a FFL had a receipt with them for what I paid for the item.

311 does have some stock you just need to hit it at the right time. I was in there once and they had maybe 25 handguns in stock. 2 weeks later they were down to about 5.
Always knew about the tax on vehicles. As far as tax on value of gun, I was just reporting what I was told at that store. I have always used the receipt sent by seller in the past and that was what the taxes were based on.

That happened to my wife at the DMV when we moved to kentucky she bought her cars 5 years earlier and was forced to pay taxes on the value of her car when she already owned it, tell me how that works.

Either way I don't think there should be taxes on private sales of any kind.

I did stop into Discount guns once right after Sandy Hook and the pmag craze... to my surprise they had a 20 rnd 308 pmag for 23 bucks:eek: everywhere else these were 50 or more. Not sure if they just did not get the memo:D but I bought it and that was it for me as there gun prices do suck.

Will have to check out the shop next to Tonys in Orchards. Vancouver needs more shops as we have lost way to many. I lost my FFL a few years ago when he decided to tone it down and that just sucked as he was a great guy to deal with.

I thought I read in the new law that sales tax will not be charged for a private party ffl transfer? I could have read it wrong never been accused of being very smart.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top