Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where to Place Sling On Rossi 92?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by 2Wheels4Ever, Feb 19, 2014.

1. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Portland Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

I have been looking at a way to attach a sling to my rossi. At first I thought I was going to do the Uncle Mikes route, but after reading reviews I chose to seek out other means of attachment. After not finding anything that I really liked, I decided to make my own. It is not perfect, but it works and I do not fear that it will break or come off the gun.

What I want to know is if you guys think that the magazine tube is a strong enough mount point, or should a wrap the sling around the barrel and the tube for more strength. The uncle mikes lever gun set only clings tot he tube so I assumed it would be fine, but I wanted a couple more opinions.

Hand stitching this damn thing took longer than I had thought :pound: but now I have a pretty universal sling that can go on most any gun. I spent about $11 on materials, and have enough left to make 5 more if I really wanted.

Rossi_zps1bb224c4.jpg

2. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

When I had one of these I was wondering the same stuff. Loved the gun but it baffles me why many guns come without any sling attachment points. A rifle without a sling is like a bike without a kickstand or a knife without a sheath or pistol without a holster.

3. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Good job/work but I don't like it. Looks like it'd get caught up in brush and whatall. A more elegant/traditional and proper way is to affix the rear swivel stud into the buttstock and for the front, ideally, into/from the forearm barrel band.. barring that, into the wood also, if possible.

132144.jpg

4. Whaler

Whaler Sequim, WA Well-Known Member

5. 2Wheels4Ever

At first I was also going to the same thing as you did on your henry, but I read online that the kits were cheaply made and do not last long. I am not sure if those are the same ones as the Uncel Mikes. How has yours held up?

6. 2Wheels4Ever

If I had access to a drill press and some other tools that is how I would have done it as well. Mine is more of a temporary fix for now.

7. Whaler

Whaler Sequim, WA Well-Known Member

They are very good quality and should last forever if cared for properly.

8. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

I've installed plenty of sling studs into wood stocks with just a hand held drill.. perfectly.

9. SomeDude

SomeDude Portland, OR Reclaimer

This is what I did:
    Sell my Rossi.
    Wait about a year to find a Marlin 1894c
    Buy 1894c

Of course due to scarcity ymmv ;)