JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking at a way to attach a sling to my rossi. At first I thought I was going to do the Uncle Mikes route, but after reading reviews I chose to seek out other means of attachment. After not finding anything that I really liked, I decided to make my own. It is not perfect, but it works and I do not fear that it will break or come off the gun.

What I want to know is if you guys think that the magazine tube is a strong enough mount point, or should a wrap the sling around the barrel and the tube for more strength. The uncle mikes lever gun set only clings tot he tube so I assumed it would be fine, but I wanted a couple more opinions.

Hand stitching this damn thing took longer than I had thought :pound: but now I have a pretty universal sling that can go on most any gun. I spent about $11 on materials, and have enough left to make 5 more if I really wanted.

Rossi_zps1bb224c4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had one of these I was wondering the same stuff. Loved the gun but it baffles me why many guns come without any sling attachment points. A rifle without a sling is like a bike without a kickstand or a knife without a sheath or pistol without a holster.

Good job/work but I don't like it. Looks like it'd get caught up in brush and whatall. A more elegant/traditional and proper way is to affix the rear swivel stud into the buttstock and for the front, ideally, into/from the forearm barrel band.. barring that, into the wood also, if possible.

132144.jpg

At first I was also going to the same thing as you did on your henry, but I read online that the kits were cheaply made and do not last long. I am not sure if those are the same ones as the Uncel Mikes. How has yours held up?

Good job/work but I don't like it. Looks like it'd get caught up in brush and whatall. A more elegant/traditional and proper way is to affix the rear swivel stud into the buttstock and for the front, ideally, into/from the forearm barrel band.. barring that, into the wood also, if possible.

If I had access to a drill press and some other tools that is how I would have done it as well. Mine is more of a temporary fix for now.

At first I was also going to the same thing as you did on your henry, but I read online that the kits were cheaply made and do not last long. I am not sure if those are the same ones as the Uncel Mikes. How has yours held up?

They are very good quality and should last forever if cared for properly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top