JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon Hunter, I don't think myself or anyone else was knocking on LDS people. In fact, I thought they were great neighbors and good people. What I was trying to say though, and please tell me if I am wrong, is that LDS people tend to socialize and stick to themselves. So, if someone is moving to a place where they want to be part of the community and intermix with others, they may feel left out being in a predominately LDS town if they are not LDS, themselves. This can be even harder if they have non-LDS kids attending schools. That is not to say, they are bad. However, I saw from living in Boise, there is certainly a culture and lifestyle that goes with LDS people and if you do not attend the church, events and are not part of their community or lifestyle you will feel somehow left out. However, I would never say they were bad people at all. I voted for an LDS guy to be our president, so that tells you that I feel confident in them as people. However, I never felt like I could accepted by them or part of their way of life.

I was just trying to inform those moving to East Idaho, especially, there will be a culture shock that some may not expect. I'm not saying it is a bad culture by any means.

One law people will have to accept in Utah, though, is that there is not a complete Separation of Church and State. Some may consider this is unconstitutional. Therefore, your Second Amendment rights do not exist when walking into a religious institution. It is illegal to carry your firearm in a Mormon Temple or any other religious institution. These same laws are also present in other states than Utah. Oregon, Idaho and Washington have no such laws and I feel are adhering more to our Constitution in this respect.
You beat me to it 4Freedom!, I really respect LDS people. I just wouldn't want my kids or myself to feel like outcasts if we didn't join up. They are Catholic and I'm neutral. BTW, I too Voted for the LDS guy for President.

You beat me to it 4Freedom!, I really respect LDS people. I just wouldn't want my kids or myself to feel like outcasts if we didn't join up. They are Catholic and I'm neutral. BTW, I too Voted for the LDS guy for President.
If you have Netflix, watch the show called Mitt. It's a good look into the guy personally. I know lots of people that know him. They think the guy is fantastic. Is he white and wealthy? Yea. Am I? No.

Wow! NoFlinch, I'm shocked I thought you already lived in ASHLAND!:D:D

NO Thank You.

Ashland is OK to visit to do some grocery/staple shopping, as they do have a few good stores.

But you have to get by the smell of the hippieso_O, which is many times masked with the smell of incenseo_O.

Then there are the street beggarso_O.

Then there are the old ladies in their Prius's, that can't see past their front bumper. Or the Subaru drivers who think they own the road.:(

Then there are the Actors/Producers/Directors, both local and Hollywierd transplants who KNOW they are far beyond you in Status.....(When I was in Banking, I dealt with many Hollywood Actors.........they seemed nice enough, but I always felt they were only "Acting" that way......:confused:o_O

Then there are the posters all over everywhere announcing the latest Swami coming to town.:)

Then there are the College students. I SWEAR, I see an extremely few nice looking women...............seems they are all hippie chicks....which was fine(?) in the 70's............:confused:

Then there are.............:s0092:

But I still shop there once a month or so..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last Edited:
Ashland is North Mount Shasta ( Pagan Wiccan Lesbian Land)

True, but at least we don't have to put up with the "Lemurians".
(Elves that live INSIDE Mt. Shasta)o_O

From web site below if you want to read moreo_O:rolleyes::confused:...;

(edited by me for easier reading)

Prior to the sinking of their continent, fully aware of the eventual destiny of their beloved continent, the ancient Lemurians, using their mastery of energy, crystals, sound and vibrations, hollowed out a vast underground city,......
.......with the intention of preserving their culture, their treasures and their records of ancient Earth's history; history that has been lost since the sinking of Atlantis.
Lemuria was once a vast continent, and larger than North America, connected to parts of California, Oregon, Nevada and Washington

http://www.lemurianconnection.com/category/about-mt-shasta/

Last Edited:
Well, perhaps you could start small, and move the heck out of Salem. In my view the REAL Oregon lies east of the Cascades and in the northern portion of the State of Jefferson.

Down here in REAL Oregon, when I want to shoot, I walk out my door to one of my three (yes, three) ranges. Two for pistols and one for 100 yd+.

You chose to live in the People's Republic of Salem, a mistake fairly easy to correct. Move. Also, register to vote, then actually do so, to keep more stuff from flowing downhill. Ever been to Idaho, around Hailey? Check out the airport, with all the private jets. Wyoming? Check out Jackson. All it is missing is a street named Rodeo Drive. Dillon Montana? The same.

You have what you want right here in Oregon. The hard part is to fight for it.

Well, perhaps you could start small, and move the heck out of Salem. In my view the REAL Oregon lies east of the Cascades and in the northern portion of the State of Jefferson.

Down here in REAL Oregon, when I want to shoot, I walk out my door to one of my three (yes, three) ranges. Two for pistols and one for 100 yd+.

You chose to live in the People's Republic of Salem, a mistake fairly easy to correct. Move. Also, register to vote, then actually do so, to keep more stuff from flowing downhill. Ever been to Idaho, around Hailey? Check out the airport, with all the private jets. Wyoming? Check out Jackson. All it is missing is a street named Rodeo Drive. Dillon Montana? The same.

You have what you want right here in Oregon. The hard part is to fight for it.

If we could get rid of most of King county in Washington (i.e. Seattle area) and Multnomah county from Oregon (i.e. PDX), then Washington and Oregon would be the greatest places to live in the entire country.

As the state continues on its path to Hell in a hand basket. I'm considering moving inland. What would you suggest?
Wyoming seems to be the most free state. But low population would be a major obstacle for establishing an IT consulting business. Montana, Arizona? What are your alternatives?
Don't move away, FIGHT!!!!!:mad:

One of the many PDX gun enthusiasts checking in, I gotta say, getting lumped in with the numpties is getting a bit old.

The difference between those of us that should be "gotten rid of", and those of you planning to move, is that we're not trying to flee as a solution. Just something to think about on your drive out.

/End rant.

From research I have done, I may NOT go to Idaho.....I want to move WAY UP when selecting friends and associates....:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):)

Based upon the rating of McDaniel's Estimated Average IQ Score, the following US States have an average IQ rating of the following;

1. Massachusetts: 104.3
2. New Hampshire: 104.2
3. North Dakota: 103.8
4. Vermont: 103.8
5. Minnesota: 103.7
6. Maine: 103.4
7. Montana: 103.4:D:D
8. Iowa: 103.2
9. Connecticut: 103.1
10. Wisconsin: 102.9
11. Kansas: 102.8
12. New Jersey: 102.8
13. South Dakota: 102.8
14. Wyoming: 102.4
15. Nebraska: 102.3
16. Virginia: 101.9
17. Washington: 101.9:D:D
18. Ohio: 101.8
19. Indiana: 101.7
20. Colorado: 101.6
21. Pennsylvania: 101.5
22. Idaho: 101.4:D:D
23. Oregon: 101.2:D:D
24. Utah: 101.1
25. Missouri: 101
26. New York: 100.7
27. Michigan: 100.5
28. Delaware: 100.4
29. N. Carolina: 100.2
30. Texas: 100
31. Illinois: 99.9
32. Maryland: 99.7
33. Rhode Island: 99.5
34. Kentucky: 99.4
35. Oklahoma: 99.3
36. Alaska: 99
37. W. Virginia: 98.7
38. Florida: 98.4
39. S. Carolina: 98.4
40. Georgia: 98
41. Tennessee: 97.7
42. Arkansas: 97.5
43. Arizona: 97.4
44. Nevada: 96.5
45. Alabama: 95.7
46. New Mexico: 95.7
47. Hawaii: 95.6
48. California: 95.5:(:D:D:D:D:D DUH!
49. Louisiana: 95.3
50. Mississippi: 94.2

That is a surprise. I never realized that the averages were that low..............??

HAH!
Just look around.................................I'm surprised they are that HIGH!:confused::rolleyes:o_O

That is just scary though. I assumed that the averages were more toward the 130 to 140 range.
It is only a learning quotient/capability, but still......
No wonder no one learns ROFLOL.
Are those accurate stats?

Just a little harassment..:D:D:D. Just really never paid much attention to the averages.

I think the Leftists doctor theirs as they have to be in the low 30's in reality.:D:confused::confused::confused:
Unless they are Prozanski's and Burdicks and Bloombergs and then they are hard pressed to be above 15.

Last Edited:
What have YOU done to "Fight?":)

I ask, because very few do anything..................except Batch............o_O:rolleyes::rolleyes:
I am a card carrying member of the NRA and OFF, I write to my reps in DC and Salem, and I beat the drum of sanity to anyone who I think has any brain power at all to do like wise. EDIT: I also have never voted for a gun grabbing demon-crat and NEVER will. Sat next to Ron Wyden on a flight from DC to Seattle awhile back and I can tell you he is closed minded! Gary

Last Edited:
I assumed that the averages were more toward the 130 to 140 range.
Are those accurate stats?

Try Gaggile, or Galapagos, Goober, or whatever that search engine is named, and do some quick research if interested..:)

I read many web sites, and this info is "close to others reporting"....so, yes, I'd surmise it is accurate......:cool::D...

Do you know your IQ?o_O

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads