JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You few guys seem to worry about the LDS members more than i guess i imagined. I sure hope if anyone gives you any trouble, you should email me, and i will field your questions. as a write this im assuming this thread will be locked soon. but it shouldnt. cause im not affended at all. as most of you know, i was raised in oregon, but no am back in idaho where all my family and relitaives live. parents were raised here. is it a utah north? yes in many ways it is, but then in some its not. i could never live in salt lake. ever. but there are alot of great towns in utah that are awesome. very pretty. you just need to know how to handle us lds folks. just tell them im not looking to join your faith, but i will do everything else with you. they are huge hunters, gun nuts, love food, usually wont ask for a beer, and they are mostly repubs.
look at it like this. we are better to live next to versus the ISIS crowd. LOL.

AGAIN Desertion is not the cure !!

Instead of moving from Oregon, get a Lot of good conservatives and patriots to move here and drive the libs out.

Why give up the best state in the US to a bunch of liberal leftists. We have everything here. Mountains, beaches, fishing, boating, hunting.

We need to take it back with a bang !

But, but, but all the good (and numerous) conservatives already happily live in the redoubt areas! Just how do you propose to lure them here?

o_O

I'm a life-long Oregonian (nearly 50 years now) who has seen better than half the states in the union (so far), 12 different countries and STILL prefer Oregon after all that, but I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to have my pension taxed to fund GPS on my autos so I can be tracked, have my PRIVATE weapons registered so they may be confiscated, pay higher "surcharges" on goods/services that I already pay taxes on in the first place, be compelled (under penalty of law) to accept "alternative lifestyles/views/morals" in my own home or business even if I don't want to.... FUNK THAT! :rolleyes:

....... I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to have my pension taxed to fund GPS on my autos so I can be tracked, have my PRIVATE weapons registered so they may be confiscated, pay higher "surcharges" on goods/services that I already pay taxes on in the first place, be compelled (under penalty of law) to accept "alternative lifestyles/views/morals" in my own home or business even if I don't want to.... FUNK THAT! :rolleyes:

So, what are you going to do??:(

Actually, from what I've read...If someone lives near the big cities of Oregon and want to leave for a less screwed up place .... they may also want to consider the option of moving about 100 miles inland and move to ...... Oregon.;)

From research I have done, I may NOT go to Idaho.....I want to move WAY UP when selecting friends and associates....:D:D:D:D:D:D:):):)

Based upon the rating of McDaniel's Estimated Average IQ Score, the following US States have an average IQ rating of the following;

1. Massachusetts: 104.3
2. New Hampshire: 104.2
3. North Dakota: 103.8
4. Vermont: 103.8
5. Minnesota: 103.7
6. Maine: 103.4
7. Montana: 103.4:D:D
8. Iowa: 103.2
9. Connecticut: 103.1
10. Wisconsin: 102.9
11. Kansas: 102.8
12. New Jersey: 102.8
13. South Dakota: 102.8
14. Wyoming: 102.4
15. Nebraska: 102.3
16. Virginia: 101.9
17. Washington: 101.9:D:D
18. Ohio: 101.8
19. Indiana: 101.7
20. Colorado: 101.6
21. Pennsylvania: 101.5
22. Idaho: 101.4:D:D
23. Oregon: 101.2:D:D
24. Utah: 101.1
25. Missouri: 101
26. New York: 100.7
27. Michigan: 100.5
28. Delaware: 100.4
29. N. Carolina: 100.2
30. Texas: 100
31. Illinois: 99.9
32. Maryland: 99.7
33. Rhode Island: 99.5
34. Kentucky: 99.4
35. Oklahoma: 99.3
36. Alaska: 99
37. W. Virginia: 98.7
38. Florida: 98.4
39. S. Carolina: 98.4
40. Georgia: 98
41. Tennessee: 97.7
42. Arkansas: 97.5
43. Arizona: 97.4
44. Nevada: 96.5
45. Alabama: 95.7
46. New Mexico: 95.7
47. Hawaii: 95.6
48. California: 95.5:(:D:D:D:D:D DUH!
49. Louisiana: 95.3
50. Mississippi: 94.2

image.jpg

You few guys seem to worry about the LDS members more than i guess i imagined. I sure hope if anyone gives you any trouble, you should email me, and i will field your questions. as a write this im assuming this thread will be locked soon. but it shouldnt. cause im not affended at all. as most of you know, i was raised in oregon, but no am back in idaho where all my family and relitaives live. parents were raised here. is it a utah north? yes in many ways it is, but then in some its not. i could never live in salt lake. ever. but there are alot of great towns in utah that are awesome. very pretty. you just need to know how to handle us lds folks. just tell them im not looking to join your faith, but i will do everything else with you. they are huge hunters, gun nuts, love food, usually wont ask for a beer, and they are mostly repubs.
look at it like this. we are better to live next to versus the ISIS crowd. LOL.

Oregon Hunter, I don't think myself or anyone else was knocking on LDS people. In fact, I thought they were great neighbors and good people. What I was trying to say though, and please tell me if I am wrong, is that LDS people tend to socialize and stick to themselves. So, if someone is moving to a place where they want to be part of the community and intermix with others, they may feel left out being in a predominately LDS town if they are not LDS, themselves. This can be even harder if they have non-LDS kids attending schools. That is not to say, they are bad. However, I saw from living in Boise, there is certainly a culture and lifestyle that goes with LDS people and if you do not attend the church, events and are not part of their community or lifestyle you will feel somehow left out. However, I would never say they were bad people at all. I voted for an LDS guy to be our president, so that tells you that I feel confident in them as people. However, I never felt like I could accepted by them or part of their way of life.

I was just trying to inform those moving to East Idaho, especially, there will be a culture shock that some may not expect. I'm not saying it is a bad culture by any means.

One law people will have to accept in Utah, though, is that there is not a complete Separation of Church and State. Some may consider this is unconstitutional. Therefore, your Second Amendment rights do not exist when walking into a religious institution. It is illegal to carry your firearm in a Mormon Temple or any other religious institution. These same laws are also present in other states than Utah. Oregon, Idaho and Washington have no such laws and I feel are adhering more to our Constitution in this respect.

Oregon Hunter, I don't think myself or anyone else was knocking on LDS people. In fact, I thought they were great neighbors and good people. What I was trying to say though, and please tell me if I am wrong, is that LDS people tend to socialize and stick to themselves. So, if someone is moving to a place where they want to be part of the community and intermix with others, they may feel left out being in a predominately LDS town if they are not LDS, themselves. This can be even harder if they have non-LDS kids attending schools. That is not to say, they are bad. However, I saw from living in Boise, there is certainly a culture and lifestyle that goes with LDS people and if you do not attend the church, events and are not part of their community or lifestyle you will feel somehow left out. However, I would never say they were bad people at all. I voted for an LDS guy to be our president, so that tells you that I feel confident in them as people. However, I never felt like I could accepted by them or part of their way of life.

I was just trying to inform those moving to East Idaho, especially, there will be a culture shock that some may not expect. I'm not saying it is a bad culture by any means.

One law people will have to accept in Utah, though, is that there is not a complete Separation of Church and State. Some may consider this is unconstitutional. Therefore, your Second Amendment rights do not exist when walking into a religious institution. It is illegal to carry your firearm in a Mormon Temple or any other religious institution. These same laws are also present in other states than Utah. Oregon, Idaho and Washington have no such laws and I feel are adhering more to our Constitution in this respect.
Your pretty much spot on with every point.
One thing I'd like to add though. LDS people seem to stick together because they have so many dang meetings and group stuff going on. Like up to 3 days a week, and sometimes more. Not all but most feel more comfortable with those that live the same rules, cause it's easier.
I grew up in Tigard which is mostly non LDS. My best friends then, and now are from outside the church. My very best friend is non LDS. Always remember that LDS folks don't intend to exclude non LDS. It's just habits no it's easier, and again the meetings.
In regards to eastern idaho and salt lake. Too many. I could live in eastern idaho, but not slc by any means. Been there done that.
Guns aren't legal in the church buildings. Even though I oacked sometimes in Oregon church houses, I haven't here. If I get shot there, well I'm where I would like to be if that happend.

......t LDS people tend to socialize and stick to themselves.

Have you ever had any interaction with Jehova Witness'es'es'esse'essss?:rolleyes:

I have, having a GF who was one (years ago).:D:D:D

Same deal.......................................................................................................:(

She had to choose between me.....or her family and churcho_O:confused::(:(:(:(:(

To my unbelievably whacked out surprise, She chose the family and the church:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( over me.............:(

They all hang out together, and if you aren't one, you aren't ...."worthy":(

Not that there is anything wrong with that:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:cool::confused::mad::):D

Have you ever had any interaction with Jehova Witness'es'es'esse'essss?:rolleyes:

Same deal.......................................................................................................:(

She had to choose between me.....or her family and churcho_O:confused::(:(:(:(:(

To my unbelievably whacked out surprise, She chose the family and the church:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( over me.............:(

Not that there is anything wrong with that:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O:cool::confused::mad::):D
Was she hot?

Your pretty much spot on with every point.
One thing I'd like to add though. LDS people seem to stick together because they have so many dang meetings and group stuff going on. Like up to 3 days a week, and sometimes more. Not all but most feel more comfortable with those that live the same rules, cause it's easier.
I grew up in Tigard which is mostly non LDS. My best friends then, and now are from outside the church. My very best friend is non LDS. Always remember that LDS folks don't intend to exclude non LDS. It's just habits no it's easier, and again the meetings.
In regards to eastern idaho and salt lake. Too many. I could live in eastern idaho, but not slc by any means. Been there done that.
Guns aren't legal in the church buildings. Even though I oacked sometimes in Oregon church houses, I haven't here. If I get shot there, well I'm where I would like to be if that happend.
Granddaughter just got baptized last weekend, into the LDS church. I am not LDS anymore, however I did have a hot pocket!!! :cool: Just in case ISIS tried to stop it!!!! In my earlier post what I was referring to, is that if you move into a religious orientated town, no matter what kind. Just be respectful of others views,whether you believe or not, hopefully they respect your views too.

Sounds like Liberal Non Practicing Jews , if your not one of them your not only not worthy , your probably a closet Bircher ...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top