JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My goal is still to head the other direction and head north, Lots of places to get lost in Alaska, if you can survive the winters.

Another thing, why is it always the leftists that are moving and messing up cities and states. you never hear of " those damn rednecks turning our hipster town country."

This is not an ad. Investigate the eastern portion of Idaho, particularly the Rexburg, Idaho Falls, Pocatello corridor along I-15. IT is prevalent, with support from ISU in the south to BYUI in the north. Idaho Falls was rolling out a gigabyte fiber-optic network a couple of years ago, and IIRC, a company was installing a server farm in Rexburg. However, since I retired, I have not kept up with those developments.
I like the northern area of Idaho north of Cour-d'alene....Allows you to bug out to the woods of Montana or Canada on a drop of a dime....However you can still be within distance to large enough cities if need be...

I spent a year in Coeur d'Alene area, and visited it many times, as my Bro lived there.

I remember the snow blowing sideways...............:eek:

I remember that most of the people I dealt with were dishonest to a fault..:(

I remember spending a LOT of time on Lake Ponderey in my new Bayliner:D:cool:, writing a book...........:cool::cool:

When my Bro died, I got the house, as I was the mortgage holder.

I had the option of moving there, but decided to stay in S. Oregon.

That was 5 years ago.....................sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision............:(:confused::rolleyes:o_O:(

These are the best states to live in according to the Brady campaign. (lower is better for gun owners)

L76ZxIO.png

Thanks for the well thought out points 4 freedom!
I've been looking at Lewiston and recently visited there. Any input on the make-up, politics/religion of the people living there? I already know the lack of trees thing, the wife HATES that aspect.

One of the main reasons I moved to Lewiston is the low tree count...I'm a prairie boy born and raised. I enjoy the wide open vistas, spacious sky, amber waves of grain.....But if it's trees you want ...we keep about a bazillion them about 10 minutes east of town.
There's some LDS but primarily the usual low-key, "special occasion, marry'em n' bury'em", Catholic/Protestant/Baptist mix found most places. It's a mostly smile with eye contact, hold the door open, pot-luck dinner going, your business isn't my business kind of place, where you buy the local commie newspaper because that's where the Grocery ads and coupons are, kind of town. There's excellent fishing, golf in January climate, lots of sunshine.
Wages are low but so are costs...We live better here on 1/3 the income that we needed in San Diego. If we want to buy tax free groceries we just cross the bridge and shop in Clarkston although because often the price is higher it's often a toss-up as to which side of the river to buy groceries on. Being right on the border creates a lot of cross border advantages like Groceries in Clarkston , gas and booze in Lewiston, etc...Washington sales tax is higher so we tend to buy things like furniture in Idaho. (We still get the Idaho resident grocery tax refund whether or not we buy a lot of our groceries in Clarkston ;)and our Clarkston friends buy their cigarettes in Lewiston @ $3.50/pack).

Interesting factoid...Lewiston is the world's highest seaport at 750 ft above sea level.

Why we dislike Politicians in general and Boise in particular... A bunch of Boise politicians snuck down here in the dead of night and stole the State Seal and files and ledgers, took them to Boise and declared IT as the Capital:mad:...(Anyhoo, that's the local version of events)

Last Edited:
AGAIN Desertion is not the cure !!

Instead of moving from Oregon, get a Lot of good conservatives and patriots to move here and drive the libs out.

Why give up the best state in the US to a bunch of liberal leftists. We have everything here. Mountains, beaches, fishing, boating, hunting.

We need to take it back with a bang !

Thanks for the well thought out points 4 freedom!
I've been looking at Lewiston and recently visited there. Any input on the make-up, politics/religion of the people living there? I already know the lack of trees thing, the wife HATES that aspect.

I think Albin provided a lot of good info about Lewiston and since he lives there he is great source of info. I've lived in Pullman for a year, which is fairly close to Lewiston both in distance and I would assume in culture. That is a great area to live, but as Albin says, since I grew up in the forest, it is a bit too barren for my tastes. Although, the canyons and river in the area are definitely unique and provide some decent scenery. The culture in Lewiston and Clarkston is very conservative, like Pullman. The strong LDS presence is not really present in that part of the state, since it is in the Northern part of the state. Many Northern Idaho people refer to Southern Idaho as "Utah North". After living in Boise for a year, I can understand why it is referred to that now.

Lewiston has the benefit of being near the Wallowa mountains, Hell's Canyon and the Seven Devil peaks. That is some of the most beautiful and remote scenery in the world. I love that area and if I had the means to go hiking and camping every weekend, I'd probably chose to live in Clarkston over Lewiston, because the Idaho state income tax would be too much for my small business. Although, I am not a homeowner, so I don't know how property taxes play into the equation. However, I don't think Clarkston is significantly more expensive than Lewiston. It is nice to have Idaho across the border though for the benefits it provides.

Last Edited:
These are the best states to live in according to the Brady campaign. (lower is better for gun owners)

View attachment 222805

I cannot believe this map entirely. For example, it says New Mexico is more gun friendly than Oregon or Washington. However, New Mexico has much stricter gun laws than Oregon or Washington. For example, you are only allowed to conceal one gun in New Mexico and the gun you carry must be registered and part of your CHL and you need to get a new CHL every time you decided to carry a different gun. That sounds like a very miserable process and you can forget about carrying a BUG.

Also, something to keep in mind for freedom lovers.. If you move to Kentucky, just realize that alcohol is banned in half the counties of the state. You may exchange one form of freedom for another. I am amazed to find out after investigating living in certain states some of the weird laws they have. There are still counties in some states where it is considered illegal to work on Sunday, for example.

Then, there is this thing called weather. I think people , like myself, who grew up in the Northwest are spoiled by weather. WE think we got it bad until we move to Louisiana or Maine. Six months of swampy hot humidity or six months of winter.. Some people will sweat or freeze so they can enjoy more freedom. It sucks in my opinion, but I can understand it.

I'm not going anywhere. This is my home state. I refuse to surrender it to people with less than 1/2 of 1/2 of a brain. I personally know a lot of people that are getting really pissed about the direction of this state. Some (unfortunately) could care less about our gun rights, but are upset about other things, such as wasteful spending by local and state governments, government overrun into private affairs such as how you choose to school your child, etc. People are waking up. We need to help stir them. We need to get them active. We need to make sure they vote. We need GOOD candidates that care about our rights, will protect rather than attack those rights and can actually win in Oregon. It's not impossible, but we need active, visible citizens that will get informed and involved.

And to those that helped vote in the current crop of anti-gun, freedom hating politicians, I hope you'll think about changing your votes in the future. Blindly following any one party is what gets us where we are today. I continue to be very disappointed at my current state government, the voters that put them there, and those that stood back and let it happen. But this is my home, and I'm not content just letting things go.

. We need to help stir them. We need to get them active. We need to make sure they vote. We need GOOD candidates that care about our rights, will protect rather than attack those rights and can actually win in Oregon. It's not impossible, but we need active, visible citizens that will get informed and involved.
This sounds GREAT!

Problem is, VERY FEW do anything about anything, except batch, batch, batch.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top