JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a $400 goose down vortex sleeping bag for $4 at the goodwill bins. Sold it the next day for $200. I've bought an msr backpacking water filter at the bins for $1.50. They retail for $80. I'm very grateful to those who pay retail for their nice stuff.

Ain't no deals at my goodwill. There is a line at the door when they open. Within about 2 hours all the "color of the day" tagged items are gone. People fill their shopping carts and put the stuff in their boutique clothing shops or on ebay. And goodwill still gets $5 for worn out t-shirts.

Bought a few Henkel knives for about $4 each a few years ago, but thats it.

Back to the thread..

I am always afraid of my car getting broken into, so I only keep an old duffel bag with extra clothes in it in the back. In the winter I throw a sleeping bag in as well, but that's about it. Still working on adding a few more things.

I run a two bag system. My get home bag lives in my car. And my car is where I am (usually). I keep enough stuff in there that will keep me in good shape to get home and resupply or get to my BOL, whichever is closer (two days or more, if needed). I also carry my laptop bag which I keep a few cliff bars, some water, paracord, small first aid kit, and two ponchos. As well as my pistol and 2 spare mags (I can't body carry at work, but can keep the bag on hand). The laptop bag is always with me, particularly if I go somewhere in a company vehicle. Its my get to my get home bag you might say.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top