JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for Recreational area to shoot per SNOCO map, in the "White" area, of the "No shooting map" Interested in Remote areas SE of Monroe South of Highway 2 ?
I see a lot of green wooded or hilly areas uninhabited areas, before you get to Sultan? on the South side of Highway 2 ?
Maybe Lake Fontal Rd area? or Kings lake area? (Zoom in on Google map)
Does anyone know of good safe spots in these areas ? It looks like some hike in, would be required?
Trying to find recreational closest proximity NW Seattle I-5 Corridor 2022.

No shooting White map SE of Monroe maps recreational Shooting.jpg SE of Monroe maps recreational Shooting.jpg Lake Fontal SE of Monroe maps recreational Shooting.jpg

Last Edited:
You will have a while to find a place, because it's too hot and dry to be shooting now. So, if forest roads are open in that area, it would be good to spend this down time on some scouting.

From my experience, its not super easy to find great shooting spots out here. Lots of locked access gates and private property. There are a few locations, but once you include gas and time, it might be smarter to join a local range. Kennmore is a great one, but that might be a bit of a drive.

I prefer pit shooting. When I bought guns at the two shooting ranges they gave you a free pass for the indoor range. I gave all of them away.
Shooting indoors doesn't do it for me.
Plus my grandson gets to ride his mini bike

I took a ride over to the two pits we cleaned up last year and they could use another cleaning again.

20220911_154551.jpg

I prefer pit shooting. When I bought guns at the two shooting ranges they gave you a free pass for the indoor range. I gave all of them away.
Shooting indoors doesn't do it for me.
Plus my grandson gets to ride his mini bike

I took a ride over to the two pits we cleaned up last year and they could use another cleaning again.

View attachment 1275128
Me too, I usually don't feel safe at general purpose indoor ranges. Too close to each other, and too much speed shooting, by lots of new shooters. Its such a bummer when they get trashed like this too. Kennmore is cool in that its a hybrid, where you shoot from is covered, with benches, but your downrange targets are in the open air. They also have range officers all the time, and they have rules against shooting fast, and they will call people out for it. My old range in Southern Idaho was maintained by the county, with garbage cans, toilets, general maintenance, etc. Really great spot, and it was free. I saw on multiple occassions where they would bring prisoners there to clean up as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top