JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Cabelas used to have a decent sale once a year or so ...... but I havent seen anything from them in a couple of years. Maybe part of the BassPro buy out?

They used to have the steel frame '51 for $200 on sale, but again, havent seen that in a couple years. I recall a few years ago they had the Howdahs for like $400, now everyone wants $700+ for them... wtf

Seems like the market has tightened up a little... either paying MSRP for new or end up on GB or Armslist with used guns going for nearly as much as new.

Am I missing anything or is the supply that limited?

Dixie Gun Works has a "specials" section on their website and about once a year I get a multiple page sales flyer in the mail. Some are "deals" others not so much. YMMV

FWIW, There's a steel frame Pieta '51 on their specials page for $225.

Bi-Mart usually has a stock of B.P. on the shelves, and while it's nothing to brag about, it's not often they are out! Same with Sportsmans! Unless your after something more specific, that's where you will find it!

Sad to say a lot of replica and traditional black powder firearms are not as popular or good sellers to much of the shooting public.

I blame this on:
The false information of the corrosiveness of black powder...
The common perception of a lack of effectiveness of a round ball or lead concial , pushed by black powder...
The again, general false perception of just how difficult it is to care and upkeep a traditional muzzleloader...
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads