JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in the middle of exactly that. I inherited two sub machine guns and a suppressor that are in a gun trust and I need to transfer all three into my personal gun trust.
The kicker is that I co-inherited the three stamped items with a sleazy low life that lives in Illinois and can't have possession of them.
He's a difficult person to deal with and I haven't found a lawyer versed enough in NFA regulations to help me untangle the legal mess that my late friends gun trust involved me in.
Oh, ya. That's a mess. I got nothin for ya. Sorry.

I just did this with SilencerShop. I'm in their system, so they can make up the cards and send them to you.
This is how I plan to do my form 1. I went to a kiosk last week and uploaded my prints to them. I have ordered my cards from them ($15/ pair) and will send them off once they show up

I'm in the middle of exactly that. I inherited two sub machine guns and a suppressor that are in a gun trust and I need to transfer all three into my personal gun trust.
The kicker is that I co-inherited the three stamped items with a sleazy low life that lives in Illinois and can't have possession of them.
He's a difficult person to deal with and I haven't found a lawyer versed enough in NFA regulations to help me untangle the legal mess that my late friends gun trust involved me in.
Any competent lawyer can get up to speed on a new area of law. Surely there are some smart lawyers in Oregon willing to do so while they bill you by the hour to read your documents and the NFA laws.

It's Obama's Responsible Persons law that's hindering the transfer. As a co-trustee, the guy in Illinois doesn't qualify to possess them and there is wording in the trust stating that if the co-trustee is not able to qualify in their duties outlined in the trust they can be removed from the trust, but my experience with NFA lawyers is that have a general knowledge of the rules, but use your retainer money to figure out what to do.
I want a lawyer that can provide a clear and straight forward solution to my problem. He is entitled to his half of what they're worth.
I need to buy the other guys 50% equity in the guns, but I can't trust him to sign the paperwork giving me the right to transfer them into my trust.
The easiest way to deal with them is to just sell them and be done with it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top