JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am wanting to do all the cleaning & maintenance on my AR's, I'm tired of laying them on the bench (with a pad of course) & trying to hold them between my legs with an anaconda choke hold on them anymore, gettin too dang old for that stuff. So where can I get ALL the tools required tools to maintain & disassemble an AR 15 at a reasonable price?
Any help appreciated. Jim Sr.

A rifle maintenance stand and all the cleaning supplies you need can be found at Sinclair International and Brownell's. Brownell's bought out Sinclair a few years ago... Sinclair being more popular with competition and precision shooters due to it's higher end and unique products. Brownell's will have your AR tools, while Sinclair has a section dedicated to AR maintinance supplies.

The MTM tactical range box is handy for holding your gun... and all your supplies in one place.

C

I got a set of barrel blocks, a receiver clamping block, and an armorer's wrench from Brownell's. I successfully replaced the barrel on my Bushmaster Varminter using those tools, plus a torque wrench and a torch for heating up the glued-on original gas block to remove it. There's no substitute for the right tool.

A couple of tools that can make the task easier are easy to make. First, a piece of oak cut and shaped to the same dimensions as a magazine make a great tool to hold the lower in a regular bench vise. To hold the upper at an angle so you can run a cleaning rod through and clean the upper receiver, take a piece of rod that fits the hole in both the upper and lower where the rear take-down pin does it's job. Form it into a "U" with the base of the "U" long enough to hold the upper high enough that the BCG can be removed.

If you really want to get crazy and remove the barrel, a pin punch set, upper receiver "block", and "armorer's wrench" can be purchased at Cabela's. They usually have them on the shelf.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top