JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got an old Toyota 4x4, finally getting all the Reagan-era leaks fixed. I want to get the bottom de-greased. Anyone know a good place to have that done? I am currently in an apartment, so I can't DIY at home.

I am in Vancouver, WA.

There's a product for car cleaning i can't recall the name but it's a purple spray bottle you can get at autp parts stores that works great, but for an undercarriage you might need a few bottles

You can pre soak it with a pump gallon sprayer with a wand using full strength de-greaser the day before, and then take it to a car wash.
Make sure you have some safety glasses.
I like the stuff they sell at CostCo and also at Walmart for around the same price.

6bd453ee-70e7-4fc5-a2fd-e0c8c1cc08be_400.jpg

upload_2016-6-6_18-2-41.jpeg

Last Edited:
There's a product for car cleaning i can't recall the name but it's a purple spray bottle you can get at autp parts stores that works great, but for an undercarriage you might need a few bottles

you talking "purple power" beware of that stuff around your tires and hoses, it will eat it and your hands too.

you talking "purple power" beware of that stuff around your tires and hoses, it will eat it and your hands too.

Super Clean is what i have used in the past. However i would not do anything until you are ready to actually do the work, That grease buildup could be holding back a far bigger leak that could require repairs to be done right away especially if you live in an apartment.

Fill your pocket with a bunch of quarters and drive over to a public car wash, or even better go to a truck stop like Jubitz in N. Portland, they have the heavy duty cleaning stalls with steam.
If you're disinclined to do it yourself, pay one of these companies to do it for you.

Blue Beacon Truck Wash
Truck Wash
10244 N Vancouver Way
(503) 283-3270

LE TruckWash, Inc.
Truck Wash
10500 N Vancouver Way
(503) 448-1182

Jubitz
Truck Stop
33 NE Middlefield Rd
(503) 283-1111

http://www.bluebeacon.com/

upload_2016-6-7_10-44-42.png

Most of the car washes have a decent degreaser in them. I used Super Clean to clean all kinds of equipment to get it clean enough to work on it. Spray it the day before and let it dry. Spray is again right before spraying, and using a good pressure washer on it. Go to BiMart and buy a cheap $ 12 sprayer mix it a bit stronger than recommended, well a lot stronger, and then shi* can the sprayer cause the seals will be gone.

I never had trouble with hoses or belts with it.

1380062810112.jpg

A pump sprayer has a little o ring in the wands handle, just pop it apart and re-grease when you're done.
The pressure pump itself just needs a little light oil squirted down the pump handle to re-lube the o ring seal inside the pressure tube.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top