JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am shipping a Kriss Vector lower that is 24 inches long by 7 inches tall by 3 inches thick and none of the shipping options boxes fit it is there any way to get rifle boxes apart from uline selling a pack of 25?

These places es have an assortment of box sizes. They can ship tiny objects to large awkward things like motorcycle windshield fairings etc.

Grocery stores have assortments of larger sturdy boxes as well. A small produce box should work.

As mentioned earlier, a LGS could help you as well.

If we were closer I'd give you a box that i kept from a PSA (Palmetto State Armory) purchase. ;)

If you come to Vancouver to get it, I'll give it to you.

:s0155:

I regularly make my own. Not for shipping rifles, but for sending artwork, which is usually in odd sizes and a heckuva lot more fragile.
Go to a store like Home Depot, ask for some large boxes. Gives you plenty of cardboard to work with.

Most stores have a cardboard recycle dumpster behind them in an alley. I find that electrical supply houses have the perfect sized boxes that once held florescent bulbs.

I regularly make my own. Not for shipping rifles, but for sending artwork, which is usually in odd sizes and a heckuva lot more fragile.
Go to a store like Home Depot, ask for some large boxes. Gives you plenty of cardboard to work with.

This here, buy some bubble wrap, wrap and tape the gun up, then form the cardboard around the bubblewrapped gun and tape well.

The last time I shipped a gun, they did want to see that it was truly a gun and get a serial number off of it. This was through a private postal service store.

I had to open up the package so he could see it.

I use to buy sheets of white 4'x8' cardboard from the local places that sold cardboard to the box makers to use as photography backgrounds. They only cost a couple of dollars each. They were handy to use to make odd size boxes out of as well. I once shipped a 4' satellite dish back to the company I leased it from and used several sheets to create the box to ship it in. If you need cardboard sheets on a regular basis (I now use some for target backings) there are a number of cardboard whole sellers around Portland that will sell in small quantities.

I also will find a box that is almost the right size for something long and buy two of them. I then crimp once of them down so it slips inside the other to make the perfect size box. It sometimes covers the other box enough that it's like having a double wall box to help protect what is inside.

On a side note, if you need a lot of free moving type cardboard boxes, there are a ton of them given away free on Craig's List in the Free section.

Mike

Simple.

Buy a rifle.
In a box. :s0108:
LMAO. I've bought guns because I had brass in that caliber. Bought a rifle once because I had
a bayonet that fit it. Buying a gun because the box it came in would fit a different gun I owned?
I'll have to remember that--seems like a perfectly logical reason.

I've shipped some very nice high dollar vintage rifles and when making a box, I folded the cardboard into a triangle shape.
It's stronger, not easily bent or crushed and behind appliance stores they have large double wall boxes stacked up behind them, plus the odd shape means it will be stacked on top in the truck, not underneath the overweight boxes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top