JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can you airgun guys recommend to me a business in the Portland metro area that will fill a Carbon Fiber Air Tank. Before I purchase a PCP airgun I need to know that there are airgun friendly local businesses that will fill my tank without hassle. I am considering a 75 cubic foot tank and it would need to be filled to 4500 psi.

Please recommend specific businesses to me. Those in East Multnomah or in Clackamas County would be preferred, but I need somewhere to start. Thanks.

Can you airgun guys recommend to me a business in the Portland metro area that will fill a Carbon Fiber Air Tank. Before I purchase a PCP airgun I need to know that there are airgun friendly local businesses that will fill my tank without hassle. I am considering a 75 cubic foot tank and it would need to be filled to 4500 psi.

Please recommend specific businesses to me. Those in East Multnomah or in Clackamas County would be preferred, but I need somewhere to start. Thanks.

If no one comes up with one that lives there just look up Dive Shops. If you decide you want to stick with this it would be worth just buying a compressor. One for what you need runs in the $300 ball park. Would not take long to be worth it not having to drive to a dive shop and pay them.
Wife got into paint ball for a short time. I held off ordering the compressor to see what she was going to do. She soon forgot all about it. Have not even seen the gun since we moved. If it turns up I guess I should sell the damn thing since she would have no idea :)

Last Edited:
You might try rush paintball on 82 and Woodstock. Personally I wouldn't bother. I have multiple PCP airguns and a good pump is all I use.

Don't use a Benjamin brand pump. Ever. They r crap imo.

This pump below costs $47 from Walmart and is excellent. If u are running a marauder pistol fe it takes only about 20 pumps to get from 2000 psi to 3000 psi. Why go through all the expense and hassle to get it filled when u can be ready to go again so easily with a good pump?

94E3FA31-0FB5-4185-9B58-3E1915D0CAF1.png

I mean it's not like the pcp airguns that the Austrian army (and Lewis and Clark) used in the late 1700s that needed 1500 pumps. Girandoni air rifle - Wikipedia

You might try rush paintball on 82 and Woodstock. Personally I wouldn't bother. I have multiple PCP airguns and a good pump is all I use.

This pump below costs $47 from Walmart and is excellent. If u are running a marauder pistol fe it takes only about 20 pumps to get from 2000 psi to 3000 psi. Why go through all the expense and hassle to get it filled when u can be ready to go again so easily with a good pump?

View attachment 535170

I mean it's not like the pcp airguns that the Austrian army (and Lewis and Clark) used in the late 1700s that needed 1500 pumps. Girandoni air rifle - Wikipedia
Yeah but don't the compressor have an air dryer built into them? I know using just the hand pump one puts moisture into the air tank of the PCP rifle. I've only a hand pump for mine but recently was given an old scuba tank full of air. How much does it cost at a dive shop to get a tank full of air? Would Sanderson Saftey Shpply fill a tank for non ild uses?

Impact Action Sports might let you do it for free.

That's where I go to fill a 4500psi carbon-fiber tank. I think it was $10 last time. Dive shops wouldn't touch me without a card.

I think a better investment would have been for me to buy a PCP compressor. Meanwhile, a good filtered hand-pump and some spare replacement parts can last as long as the gun.

carbontank001.jpg

View attachment 535170

because in the northwest in particular, the humidity that goes into your gun corrodes the internals in a nasty way and can destroy a pcp in as litte as six months.

If no one comes up with one that lives there just look up Dive Shops. If you decide you want to stick with this it would be worth just buying a compressor. One for what you need runs in the $300 ball park. Would not take long to be worth it not having to drive to a dive shop and pay them.
Wife got into paint ball for a short time. I held off ordering the compressor to see what she was going to do. She soon forgot all about it. Have not even seen the gun since we moved. If it turns up I guess I should sell the damn thing since she would have no idea :)
[/QUOTE

Cafeful; some of the less expensive pumps have limitations on the size of the tank. They work well, but usually will fill only a liter sized tank. Ok for your gun and a spare if you have a detachable tank, but not for large scuba tanks. You'll need an expensive pump or a fill at a paintball or scuba shop.

Norm

Cafeful; some of the less expensive pumps have limitations on the size of the tank. They work well, but usually will fill only a liter sized tank. Ok for your gun and a spare if you have a detachable tank, but not for large scuba tanks. You'll need an expensive pump or a fill at a paintball or scuba shop.

Norm

Never tried any of these yet. From watching video of them being used the only limit seemed to be heat. They produce a lot of it running. The ones I looked at all had water cooling. The guys showing the demo of how to use them were using a bucket with water and a pump to recirculate it. One was even adding ice to control the temp. Claimed that was the only problem with running the pumps long enough to fill larger tanks, making sure they were not allowed to over heat. Which made sense to me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top