JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where in the Tualatin/Portland, Oregon, area can I find 4 foot long hickory/oak/ash dowels? (Or Western Oregon, Washington, Northern Idaho).

I need 4' long hickory dowels to make range rods for muzzle loaders.

I am not using online order because I want to high grade whatever dowels I come across for proper or even acceptable grain and straightness. Hopeless Deepot has 3', but no 4'.

Looking for 1/2" to duplicate what I have now, and smaller (3/8 and 7/16).

Thanks,

Try Woodcrafters. I go to the one in Salem, but it looks like there is a Portland store?
If they don't have them they may know who does.

Thank you for the replies.
I will try Gun Works in Springfield, as they have enough length and various diameters in stock. Just need an excuse to run down there and justify the fuel expense.
Woodcrafters is limited to 36" long dowels, but they have cherry, birch, maple, walnut, red oak, oak. Oak would work as well as hickory. I go to the Ace in Willsonville when I need parts, but their selection is limited to softwoods and 36". I will try calling other Ace Hardware before heading to Springfield. (While speaking with each vendor, no one had an alternative, other than "Ace" or "Woodcrafters". ;) )

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top