JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think of myself as fairly tech savy but I'm having the darnedest time finding a map for my hunt in OR this year (found maps for my WA hunt at sportsmans).

I called sportsmans in bend and was told that they don't carry local forestry maps.

I have found every manner of downloadable maps (not sure if they can just be taken to a print shop and printed) but can not find a place to just order a map of the area (se bend - Evan Wells Quad on the forestry site).

If someone has a quick fix that isn't an exorbitant cost, then that would be a huge help.

Thanks!

The online source for the 7.5 minute quad is store.usgs.gov. PDF download is free, outdated maps are $8. A PDF printout on Legal paper works nicely for some quads.

For hunting, I find the Big Sky (Ram) Unit maps good if they cover your unit. Unlike most public USFS maps, they include topography and better road detail. Green Trails maps are nice but only cover the Pacific Crest trail region.

At a store called Nature of the Northwest located downtown Portland! Oregon Department of Geology. Selected topographic geologic maps of Oregon and Washington. Has every National Forest map and most Ranger District maps. The RD maps are the most reliable road detail Ive used and include topo lines.

You can also order from them on line, but if your not familiar with what you want its hard to see what your buying as there is no map preview. <broken link removed>
What also makes it confusing is they changed some of the names of the Oregon National Forest maps.... so if your looking for the Willamette National Forest map it is now called "Willamette Cascades"... Siuslaw National Forest map is now called "Oregon Central Coast". The Mt Hood NF map says it includes the Willamette NF map is BS too, just FYI it doesnt.

Sportsmans hillsboro has Oregon game unit maps. Which unit you looking for?

Paulina I think it's called. Or Deschutes Nat. forest - I'm not sure what the unit number is / it's not my tag so I'm just going off what the guy I'm going with told me.

Shoot i may be hunting with you after all . or at least in the same neck of the woods.

I would have to stop by your camp to argue how the 30.06 is a better all around hunting round but i'll be hunting with my .308 o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top