JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just as it says above - I am looking for a used 55 gallon drum, steel. I want to set up a burn barrel in the backyard. I've never had to buy a drum before and honestly, don't know where to look. I don't need a lid, just the drum.

Any thoughts on good places to find used drums? I see that Wilco carries 50 gallon drums for around $35, but those appear to be new and I really don't need a new one. Hopefully used would be a bit cheaper.

Ideas? Area of town would be Oregon City, West Linn, Gladstone, Clackamas, etc. I'd rather not have to drive 1hr+ for a used drum.

Sometimes the big box depot type stores get them in. Situational. Right time right place. Also hit the Granges and larger building supply outlets like Grovers.

But ... make sure you can LEGALLY USE that burn barrel. Also situational. In Cave Junction and outskirts burn barrels can make nasty smoke. Bad for everybody.

If you can burn using a barrel, be sure to get the heavy gage steel wire cloth top to catch embers. Might be required with the burn barrel burning permit.

Also ... if you legally can ... just have fun doing some safe mag dumps to put all the necessary holes in the bottom and sides. The barrel sits upon bricks. :)

Sometimes the big box depot type stores get them in. Situational. Right time right place. Also hit the Granges and larger building supply outlets like Grovers.

But ... make sure you can LEGALLY USE that burn barrel. Also situational. In Cave Junction and outskirts burn barrels can make nasty smoke. Bad for everybody.

If you can burn using a barrel, be sure to get the heavy gage steel wire cloth top to catch embers. Might be required with the burn barrel burning permit.

Also ... if you legally can ... just have fun doing some safe mag dumps to put all the necessary holes in the bottom and sides. The barrel sits upon bricks. :)

Good point about the screen material, I'll be sure to do that.

As for where I live, I've checked, there are no restrictions on burn barrels, in fact, you are allowed to be closer to a structure (15' vs 50') if you use a burn barrel. There are some restrictions on what you can burn (plastics, insulation, animal remains, etc.), but none of those would apply to me. As for the holes, yeah, that would be fun, but I'd have to drive quite a ways to find a spot to do that. I'll probably just use an angle grinder and/or drill. I'll also need to pick up a few concrete blocks for a base.

Just as it says above - I am looking for a used 55 gallon drum, steel. I want to set up a burn barrel in the backyard. I've never had to buy a drum before and honestly, don't know where to look. I don't need a lid, just the drum.

Any thoughts on good places to find used drums? I see that Wilco carries 50 gallon drums for around $35, but those appear to be new and I really don't need a new one. Hopefully used would be a bit cheaper.

Ideas? Area of town would be Oregon City, West Linn, Gladstone, Clackamas, etc. I'd rather not have to drive 1hr+ for a used drum.
Craigslist. "Barrel"

Just avoid any that look like this...

6E7183E8-6D60-4308-A406-2F8E7DA1A9CF-5277-000006ED8CA14659_tmp.jpg

You could also try Petro Card. They deliver oils and other chemicals in bulk. If they pick up an empty drum that has any damage, like dents and such I believe they get rid of them.

Contact - PetroCard

Just got a PM from a member here that has a used drum they'll let me have - just need to pick it up.

As always, I certainly appreciate the helpful folks on NWFA!!!

Bummer, I'd take a couple off your hands - just not worth a drive to Idaho :(

I was going to offer you the two my neighbor has. He burns his fing trash in them and all his plastic and sh*t smolder in there all night and the pleasant smell floats over to my place. I would be more than happy to go over there and take them and bring them to you.

I was going to offer you the two my neighbor has. He burns his fing trash in them and all his plastic and sh*t smolder in there all night and the pleasant smell floats over to my place. I would be more than happy to go over there and take them and bring them to you.

Sorry about your neighbor. If I burn, it will be keeping my neighbors in mind. I hate inconsiderate pricks that don't care what they do to others. There are some that burn around here that do that too.

I was going to say...Myers Container – New Steel Drums

Gosh, when I was 10 +/- Dad had a 55 gal drum, no, everybody did I guess! It sat out behind the garage on the ditch bank. He always had several pieces of rebar going through the barrel about a foot up from the bottom. Could this have been before garbage service came to Midvale, Utah? Hmm.

@etrain16 , I think there's still one like you're looking for behind my shop. I'll check it out later and will let you know.

I have one you can have free if you pickup in McMinnville. PM me if interested.

Genuinely appreciate the offer guys! I noted above that another member PM'd me yesterday with an available barrel - I'll be picking it up today. Thanks for your offers though!

Genuinely appreciate the offer guys! I noted above that another member PM'd me yesterday with an available barrel - I'll be picking it up today. Thanks for your offers though!

All right, then, I won't look! :p

Let me know if the other one doesn't work out.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top