JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've tried my local dive shops and paint ball ranges. None of them can get to 4500psi only 3000psi. My rifle's charge pressure is 2900psi so you only get 6 or 8 fills before the tank has to be refilled. With the 4500 tank you can get 5 time that many fill before refilling the tank.

Hi Sogguy,

Have you tried any welding supply stores that handle gases for welding? Nitrogen I think would work in an airgun, but it might run you more. On the plus side you would not have any moisture in nitrogen and it is inert as well.

Just a thought to get you by until you can find a suitable air source.

B.V.E.

Sogguy,

I just noticed your other post and thought do you have any friends at Boeing? They certainly should be able to help out if anyone can... High pressure nitrogen is used in landing gear struts for aircraft.

Just tossing out a few possibilities.

B.V.E.

I don't know about everyone else, but this thread is making me seriously reconsider whether I would want to deal with the hassle of getting a PCP air gun. Great ideas as a gun, but this getting tanks filled seems like a big pain in the rear.

My tank is new so got that covered. Thanks for the tip on going directly to airgas there's one in Everett. Spoke with my local dive shop again after looking at the tank he said he needs to get fittings to make an adapter but could get me to 4000psi. Things are looking up

I don't know about everyone else, but this thread is making me seriously reconsider whether I would want to deal with the hassle of getting a PCP air gun. Great ideas as a gun, but this getting tanks filled seems like a big pain in the rear.
I would agree if you are wanting to shoot a bunch. Filling tanks and stuff can be a pain for sure, the bike pump thing gets old really fast. IF you are willing to but a large tank and can find a place to fill it, its a nice thing to have around.
The cheaper shoebox compressor is $650 so at home options(beyond the bike pump) get expensive fast. My buddy in Bothell invested in a large tank and shoe box compressor so he is able to do everything at home no issues.
I have an old dive compressor that can go to 3000psi so that works to replace the bike pump for direct gun fills.

It's been a hassle trying to find a place to fill my tank. But when a rifle shoots groups like this at 25yds right out of the box. I think once I get it all figured out it will be worth
I would agree if you are wanting to shoot a bunch. Filling tanks and stuff can be a pain for sure, the bike pump thing gets old really fast. IF you are willing to but a large tank and can find a place to fill it, its a nice thing to have around.
The cheaper shoebox compressor is $650 so at home options(beyond the bike pump) get expensive fast. My buddy in Bothell invested in a large tank and shoe box compressor so he is able to do everything at home no issues.
I have an old dive compressor that can go to 3000psi so that works to replace the bike pump for direct gun fills.

image.jpeg Here's a pic of my 25yd groups

Just wanted to let you guys know that I found a paint ball range in Everett that was able to fill my tank to 4500psi. The name is DBS Paintball. Here's the address in case anyone else needs a PCP fill location.

3303 McDougall Ave
Everett WA 98201
425-257-9800

I've tried my local dive shops and paint ball ranges. None of them can get to 4500psi only 3000psi. My rifle's charge pressure is 2900psi so you only get 6 or 8 fills before the tank has to be refilled. With the 4500 tank you can get 5 time that many fill before refilling the tank.
Peninsula Premiere Pro Shop in bremerton got u covered. I used to fill my carbon fiber tanks for paintball here. Also heads up to everyone he has an excellent selection of guns and bows. The owner is an extremely good guy. Located on hwy 3 between belfair and bremerton.

yeah, half the paintball shops will fill to 4500psi, otherwise fill your tank to 3000 and handpump the rest.

I just ordered the benjamin airbow. There's 8 deer chillin in my yard right now and I don't want to shoot my 300 win mag and get the cops called (even though im in the country and have tags). Lots of Lib neighbors that think of them as their pets. me, i'm just sick of stepping in their poop.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top