JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know here in Portland, any Goodwill drop off location is an approved electronics recycling location. I have taken a great many Tv's and computer monitors to them, both working and not working for free. They'll even give you a receipt if you want to use it for taxes as a donation write off.

I'd throw an ad in Craigslist. I once had a 50" flat screen projection tv with a messed up image. It looked like your were seeing double whenever you watched a show. It was a hand-me-down and I was ready for a new boob tube so I posted it in the "Free" section. Within 30 minutes I had gotten a call from a repair man that wanted it and met him at the local Fred Meyer for the drop off. It was painless and free to boot.

Craigslist is your friend :).

I know here in Portland, any Goodwill drop off location is an approved electronics recycling location. I have taken a great many Tv's and computer monitors to them, both working and not working for free. They'll even give you a receipt if you want to use it for taxes as a donation write off.

Thats interesting. Before I decided to list an ad in Craigslist, I stopped by the nearwst Goodwill to see if they would take it. They told me they do not take large electronics...

Strange, Metro lists Goodwill as a dropoff location for TV's on their website and it doesn't say anything about size restrictions. I've personally only gone as large a 42" myself but they took it without hassle, even though it wasn't working. Maybe the person accepting that day just really didn't want to have to move it around...

We have free recycling for electronics at the county dump. I've also heard of some places that charge a dropoff fee. If charities don't want them, it's probably because they have to either pay a fee for disposal or don't generate any revenue from that type of recycling.

I've heard some people get ticked off at charitable organizations not taking their junk. Remember that their charter is to help people and not to be a free trash disposal center. I've seen the back side of Goodwill centers and the dumpsters are typically overflowing with bedding and junk furniture that shouldn't be used. They then have to pay additional fees for disposal. Those fees take away from what they can give out to those in need.

Not sure where you are at but I have used this place for electronics and a washing machine.

Far West Fibers-12820 NE MARX ST PORTLAND, OR 97230-1067

Forgot to mention its free.

Last Edited:
I'd throw an ad in Craigslist. I once had a 50" flat screen projection tv with a messed up image. It looked like your were seeing double whenever you watched a show. It was a hand-me-down and I was ready for a new boob tube so I posted it in the "Free" section. Within 30 minutes I had gotten a call from a repair man that wanted it and met him at the local Fred Meyer for the drop off. It was painless and free to boot.

Craigslist is your friend :).

bet you didn't know all you needed were some glasses's and you would have found you had a 3d tv

Yeah, our local County Recycling Center (aka the Dump) takes dead appliances, and tv's for free. Just give your local dump a call, and if they can't, they might be able to tell you where you can take them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top