JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A couple years back me and the wife were hiking into Abiqua Falls and I saw this big fella just sitting there.... I didn't bother him, but it made for a cool photo.

203BEFC3-FC51-453C-B99B-CBDEE4A998C1.jpeg

I know lots of people eat them I have tried them once but it is what it is .I didn't really like them .
Tasted like red Rock crab witch I don't like either I throw them back when I catch them.
I have eaten Crab from all over the best is Dunginess .lol I like king crab also but .du Dunginess is better I think

I never heard they like lettuce mmmm who knew and yep your right I didn't read the thread like I said old THREAD 5 years old .but BACON catches crawdads I geuss Bacon wrapped in lettuce will catch more lol
It was posted today, so i don't forgive you for not reading the post.
And I agree, throw them a meal!

Now i want some of those german cabbage rolls with lamb... thanks a lot, you made me hungry!

They have a crawfish festival in Isleton California where I used to moor some of my larger boats. I like them a lot and people would come by the tens of thousands to eat them. There was a commercial fishing company for them in Thornton California, I knew the guys pretty well but when they wanted to retire, they couldn't find anyone to buy the business so, I bought some of there boats. They made a good living for many decades selling them for food and bait.

Closest place I know of to Eugene is either Siuslaw River or Upper Smith River. I would go to Upper Smith River. It takes about an hour from Eugene and you can catch a couple hundred in an afternoon. If you want specifics just send me a PM.
9A141CC3-78FD-4BE7-8029-AF8D8FF5A8A2.JPG

They have a crawfish festival in Isleton California where I used to moor some of my larger boats. I like them a lot and people would come by the tens of thousands to eat them. There was a commercial fishing company for them in Thornton California, I knew the guys pretty well but when they wanted to retire, they couldn't find anyone to buy the business so, I bought some of there boats. They made a good living for many decades selling them for food and bait.

I LOVE crawdaddies!! Taste just like shrimp to me and shrimps were my fav food until I discovered Japanese sea scallop sushi, sake optional!

We have ruined a lot of good seafood with fish farming. Most of our shrimp come from farms in south east Asia and have little flavor. Last time I was in NC I ate my weight in locally caught wild shrimp it is like they are not even the same critter. I don't know if there is commercial crawdad farming, but the ones I know about are wild caught.....great stuff. The small Oregon bay shrimp still have great flavor, are they farmed? I suspect they are.

Last Edited:
The first time I had prawns in Acapulco I had a gastronomic orgasm. Only a few years later I order prawns in Cabo and while they were good, they weren't nearly as good. Lately, prawns from Safeway just don't cut it.

We have ruined a lot of good seafood with fish farming. Most of our shrimp come from farms in south east Asia and have little flavor. Last time I was in NC I ate my weight in locally caught wild shrimp it is like they are not even the same critter. I don't know if there is commercial crawdad farming, but the ones I know about are wild caught.....great stuff. The small Oregon bay shrimp still have great flavor, are they farmed? I suspect they are.

Down in Louisiana they have crawfish farms- How We Grow Crawfish | Crawfish Farming with Cajun Crawfish

Ray

The first time I had prawns in Acapulco I had a gastronomic orgasm. Only a few years later I order prawns in Cabo and while they were good, they weren't nearly as good. Lately, prawns from Safeway just don't cut it.
I scored some live freshwater prawns at Costco around 15 years ago.. they were about a foot long and awesome..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top