JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking at getting a couple of surplus US GI MSS's like this...

Armygear.net -- Military Modular Outdoor Sleep System, Excellent Condition (Ground Shipping Only)

00148_lg.jpg

But due to my height, I need to find the XL version. Here are the NSN numbers I have:

* Sleeping Bag, Patrol, X-long - NSN 8465-01-452-1688
* Sleeping Bag, Intermediate, X-long - NSN 8465-01-452-1690
* Bivy Cover, X-long - NSN 8465-01-452-1695

I have searched and searched and have come up completely empty handed :(

Anyone know where I can find one of these?

I'm in the same boat. At 6'4", I barely fit into the normal sized one that I bought. I've looked around and never seen an extra long one.

You might have some luck if you contact the guys on ebay that sell these all the time, as they have a direct line to surplus stuff. Tell them what you are looking for and they will most likely be able to find it. I've had good luck doing this on other items that are hard to find.

I think those may be made by Wiggy's. I know they make great products and do supply the military just not sure about that particular bag. These won't be surplus prices though but they do go on sale regularly and will customize if needed.

Sleeping Bags

I was at the Post Exchange surplus store in Boring last Friday, they have the bivy covers for 35.00......its not the whole system but its a great price for the Gore-tex covers. Which imo are the backbone of the system.
CJ

The XL MSS system is the tits. They pop up on eBay on occasion, usually one piece at a time. Rarely new, but I've seen them. Mine is made by Tennier Industries. Good luck on your search!

:s0155:

good choice, that system is great. Sure beats the crap out've the previous issue bags. The only downside is the price- if I remember correctly, they ran about $435 (several years ago) to replace. But they'll keep ya warm on the coldest night and the water proof cover is worth it's weight in surgically upgraded supermodels.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top