JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am trying to buy base screws for scope rings base. My rings are genuine Browning X-Bolt 7000 Series Rings shown here: https://www.browning.com/products/s...bolt-integrated-scope-mount-system-matte.html. I purchased Browning X-Bolt with already installed Vortex Viper HS-T scope, but whoever installed the scope did bubblegumty job. I took the rifle to the range and after about 20 rounds the scope started wobbling. I realized base screws got loose. Today I got all necessary tools (torque screwdriver, T15 screwdriver head, loctite blue and a little level) and was going to re-install the scope. However, I could not do the job. After I removed the rings, I found out that 2 base screws are stripped and they can't hold more than 20 lb torque. I need to replace them with new one. According to Browning description of the rings in the link that posted, the screws are 0.25" (1/4 in) and the screw head is T15. Does anyone have any idea where one could buy these screws?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

I am trying to buy base screws for scope rings base. My rings are genuine Browning X-Bolt 7000 Series Rings shown here: https://www.browning.com/products/s...bolt-integrated-scope-mount-system-matte.html. I purchased Browning X-Bolt with already installed Vortex Viper HS-T scope, but whoever installed the scope did bubblegumty job. I took the rifle to the range and after about 20 rounds the scope started wobbling. I realized base screws got loose. Today I got all necessary tools (torque screwdriver, T15 screwdriver head, loctite blue and a little level) and was going to re-install the scope. However, I could not do the job. After I removed the rings, I found out that 2 base screws are stripped and they can't hold more than 20 lb torque. I need to replace them with new one. According to Browning description of the rings in the link that posted, the screws are 0.25" (1/4 in) and the screw head is T15. Does anyone have any idea where one could buy these screws?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Ace hardware in scappoose helped me out with optic mount screws. They have a dedicated firearm screw section.

I forgot to mention that I found the correct screws, but that did not help much. My rifle is getting fixed by a gunsmith because a couple of holes in the receiver had damaged treads, so gunsmith is working on it.

I emailed Browning and they told me that the base bolts should be torqued to 18 lb/in2. The previous owner (my coworker) purchased the rifle and scope new in a gun store and he claims that they installed the scope, but he never shot the rifle and he sold it to me. The base bolts were far over-tight and a couple of treads in the receiver holes got damaged. The rifle will be done this coming week (just got a message from the gunsmith that he will work on it early this week). Meantime I got brand new X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed in 308 Win and I am pretty much enjoying it. I installed my Vortex Viper HS-T (the one that was on the X-Bolt Stalker that is getting fixed) on the Hell's Canyon following Browning torque recommendation, and after about 60 rounds that I shot yesterday evening and this morning, the scope is all tight and free of any wobbling. After I zeroed the scope at 100 yards, the rifle was shooting accurately and the scope was not loosing its position. I am very happy about it. So far, I am super pleased with the Hell's Canyon except that its magazine can't fit Winchester 158gr Match-Grade ammo, so I feed that ammo from the top one by one, and honestly that might have a positive impact on my accuracy. My eyesight is not good and I start getting blurry vision after few shots. Loading cartridges one by one slows down my shooting, but it lets my eye to recover, so I am not experiencing much blurry vision when doing manual loading from the top. I am drying my target papers from this morning shooting, and will post some shots at 100 yards. I shot two type of ammo. I noticed that my match ammo tends to shoot about 2in (2 MOAs) higher than the regular ammo. I quickly learned to adjust the scope every time I switch the ammo, and also marked down zero positions (took pics with my cellphone) on the scope for both ammo. I did not notice any windage shift between the two sets of ammo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top