JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking for soft lead for some muzzleloaders I have. Where can I get pure lead about 50lbs in Salem? I know about wheel weights but they are harder than I want.

A single vent tube off old septic systems will usually have a base mold of about 10-15 pounds of lead. So if shtf (litterally :s0113: ) & you live in a unincorporated town off city sewer, its likely that you & your neighbors have hundreds of pounds of lead wrapped around your poop vents.

Talk to some roofers in your area. A lot of the older homes had soft lead flashing around the plumbing pipes that vent up out of the roofs.

Is it possible to buy it directly from the recycler that the roofer/plumber/tire guy sold the scrap to? With all the wiping solder I have, I could have over a ton of hardball alloy if I had more raw lead. If I could find 1,500 lbs. of raw lead at a good price, I'd probably be a buyer. Will scrapyards sell direct to the public? Kip.

If I remember right, stick on wheel weights is supposed to be close to pure lead. Last bucket from tire stores I got a year or so ago was about 1/3 stick on. If you have no use for the rest of it though, it would not be cost effecient.

Could try Cherry City recyclers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads