JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wouldn't wait too long. Both Bi-Marts (LaPine & Bend) are OUT of small pistol both std & mag. Wholesale Sports is out of standard small pistol and only had a few bricks of magnums left. There were still a fair amount of large pistol but overall the primer shelves were about 50% depleted. I bought a brick of large pistol and one of small pistol magnum

Powder Valley has CCI and Tula primers for small pistol in stock. I don't think there is any shortage of primers.

Only at the local shops where the "Chicken Little's" run to grab all they can now that we've got Obama 2.0.
Ditto for the "Consumer Websites". For a niche online site like Powder Valley, that caters to the "professional shooter" they have lots of stock and more on the way. Even during the last hoarding frenzy they had primers and powder to meet the serious shooter's needs.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that it is the small pistol primers that are unavailable? I can find just about any other size at most of the stores here in central Oregon, but everybody is out of the small pistol primers. Kinda weird, I think.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that it is the small pistol primers that are unavailable?
Like I mentioned in a previous post about this I believe everyone stocked up on everything they thought they needed the first time around but the reality is the small primers are the most common used. Therefore while we sit on all the lesser used stuff we continue to go through the SP and many probably did not restock and got caught behind the curve. I bought one of the last bricks at Wholesale Sports the other day. Not that I really needed it but.........

Like I mentioned in a previous post about this I believe everyone stocked up on everything they thought they needed the first time around but the reality is the small primers are the most common used. Therefore while we sit on all the lesser used stuff we continue to go through the SP and many probably did not restock and got caught behind the curve. I bought one of the last bricks at Wholesale Sports the other day. Not that I really needed it but.........

That sounds logical I guess, but there has to be some hoarding and panic buying going on recently to cause all the retailers to be out of SP primers.

some hoarding and panic buying going on recently
There no doubt is. You must have missed thread I started about this. The day after election a guy went into the Lapine Bi-Mart and bought all 44 boxes of SP. The other night after work I stopped at the Bend store and ALL SP were gone - including magnum. The next day I went to Wholesale and they had like three bricks left of magnum SP left and a few loose boxes and there were big gaps in the shelves.

Small pistol primers: .32 S&W Long, .380 Auto, 9x19, 9x21, .38 Super, .40 S&W
Large pistol primers: .45 Auto, 10mm Auto
Guess which primers I use by probably 10:1?

I could be wrong but most the reason why they dont have any is one ya there is alttile hording but CCI and federal are making them for a government contract. Which is taking most there production. Someone told me this so im not 100% on it.

Time will tell if this is a short term run and will be evidenced by how soon stocks start returning to the shelves. If the high demand ammo starts going and doesn't return in a reasonable amount of time then we may be seeing a return to 08-09 levels.

I can't say for sure but I believe there were non-shooters out there who were buying primers and ammo trying to re-sell for profit. during 08-09 I saw ads in the paper for people attempting to sell primers and ammo at ridicules prices and some were even attempting to sell ammo PER ROUND.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top