JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im wondering about muzzleloaders again... maybe I just want to get before the anti-gun crowd comes for them :s0131:

Anyhow, I dont see many for sale.

I know I can go buy one for however many hundreds of dollars from Cabelas or some other high-priced venue... but I never see them in the classifieds here or on any other boards.

Any ideas?

My name is Tahoe2 and I'm an addict !! firearms 104.jpg LMAO
got that one off gunbroker.com for $100 bucks a couple years ago, mailed right
to my front door, cause it's a muzzleloader. just type in the word "hawken"

firearms 104.jpg

Largest black powder / muzzleloader gun shop west of the Mississippi just happens to be in Springfield Oregon. Owners Joe and Suzi are dear people and Joe has harvested big game from around the world including elephant with a traditional muzzleloader. They're getting up there in age but are definitely a treasure chest of experience and knowledge. Muzzleloading hasn't been the same since the mid to late 70's to early 80's when it was in its hayday.

If you want to kick it up a notch in experience and price tag try Black Powder Cartridge Rifles!!!!

Once you start you will be hooked! Nothing is more fun than going to a busy range where everyone is "spraying and praying" and touching off a a giant cloud of white smoke that floats down the entire line :) I have a set of .44 Colt Walkers I have been shooting for over 20 years and would never consider selling. I watched "The Outlaw Josey Wales" when I was 8 years old and that was it. If you are interested in purchasing a BP revolver, I have several that are unfired. I am selling a .44 Dragoon, (2) 1860 Navy .44s, an 1860 "police .44 w/a fluted cylinder and s .36 Nord, Confederate Navy all 6 shot cap and ball. They are beautiful in design and far more fun to shoot than any auto-loader.

"Endeavor to persevere" Chief Dan George

This is one of the first things you see upon entering my house and the message should be obvious. The gun? Older ASM .36 Navy sold by CVA. The knife was my late brother's. He skinned may a deer and elk with it. With regard to where to buy +1 on the Gun Room in Springfield. A good friend of mine does a lot of stock work for the owner. Hopefully you can find a good outlet closer to you but as Dan said the interest in muzzleloading isn't nearly what it used to be. Pawn shops always seem to have a good supply of MLs on hand but be careful with buying used unless you know exactly what to look for. A neglected ML can be ruined in a very short amount of time.
BOR.jpg

BOR.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews