JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a very good quality mattress set with pillow top, memory foam, etc. I've played the shell game with the mattress stores before and would rather not do so again if I don't have to. A while back I found the exact same set at Costco for $2000 cheaper than at a national chain.

Where do you folks recommend I visit where the salespeople are upstanding vs sleazy?

My Mom just came back from a week at Vegas and the hotel (Silverton) where she stayed had a mattress made by Serta.
She said that she had never slept better and all of her friends said the same thing.
It was a Serta Perfect Sleeper called "Enrapture ll"
You have to call the Serta company and order it through them, because it's made for commercial use, not sold in retail stores.
It's double sided, so it can be flipped, unlike the cheaper made single sided retail models.
They are around $1,800.00 but you can expect it to last four times longer then a retail model.
Hers is arriving next week from Seattle.

I hate the sale people so I went on line to a place call bed in a box bought the top of the line memory foam mattress and frame. Saved $$$.
At less you can get a good low price to see if some place local can beat it

Sleep Country USA at Orenco misrepresented and renegged on the satisfaction guarantee they always brag about, forcing me to jump through hoops for a few weeks. Had to deal with layers of "managers," who were obviously hoping I'd tire of their jive, give up and go away - but I never did. Finally got most of my money back - minus delivery/pickup and a "restock" fee.

If they lose a sale based on this negative review, they can thank RH, who probably moved on to wholesale used cars on 82nd Ave., fulfilling her ultimate calling.

Last Edited:
I would take a Parklane over any of the national brands at the chain mattress stores. Local company with very nice mattresses. They have several locations in the metro area.

I would second Parklane.Local mfgrs,if there is a problem the factory is here,no shipping involved.I sold mattresses for years,and believe me,a name brand does not always equate to a quality product over a local brand.And forget about 'sales'. every store has a sale of some kind every day of the week.The major hitters that is.And when you lay down...and you must....to try a mattres,spend several minutes on it,not seconds like so many people do.Especially with all foam matts.Shoo the salesman away if you have to,but take your time and relax on each one.and if you're tempted to spend 5 grand ...DON'T.

Thanks for the advice.

After doing some research I settled on a Serta high-end mattress. I went into Sears where they were having a 60% off sale. I know the games they play with MSRP, leaving the price up for a certain amount of time so as to claim that it is actually being offered for sale, and the sale prices. Sears' "retail" price was north of $4000, and the sale price was $2499. Oddly enough, the "retail" price on Serta's website was $2499. What an outright lie the $4000 price was, because not even Serta is pretending that sells it for that much.

Interestingly, I found the a floor model of the same mattress model showed up at Sears Outlet for about 60% off of their sales price, and the foundation was listed at $347 but a sales associate let it slip that they normally sell for $125.

So, I got the ideal mattress I wanted for a fraction of the "sale" price and am pretty happy with the deal.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top