Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where to Buy IDPA Targets

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by StrangeBird1911, Jan 14, 2013.

1. StrangeBird1911

StrangeBird1911 Portland New Member

Shot the IDPA match at Tri-County on Sunday. The weather officer was apparently in Key West for the weekend. Otherwise it was fun.

I'd like to get some IDPA targets for practice; does any store in the area carry them?

2. lmmmmm

lmmmmm Seattle Member

Morpheus and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Dmonwai

Dmonwai Seattle Member

I buy the paper IDPA practice targets for my classes and practice. Its a lot less expensive then using the official match cardboard targets. The target and scoring areas of the paper targets are the same size as the cardboard targets. You can find them online for about $30-$35 for 100 targets.

Damon
    YouTube Damon's IDPA Videos

4. Zepoll

Zepoll Keizer Active Member

Or you can make your own.

I googled the dimensions and just drew them out on some construction paper I bought at bi mart for a dollar, then cut it out and use it as a template and just spray paint over it onto freezer paper that I also bought at bi-mart for $3.00. The day before shooting I spray a bunch out and hang them up to dry, then roll them all up inside piece of PVC and throw em in the trunk.

5. omenwolf

omenwolf Oregon Active Member

I saw a bunch of idpa targets over at northwest armory a while back, don't know if they still have them but worth a phone call.

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

7. omenwolf

omenwolf Oregon Active Member

The other thing is when I have been at the comps they always get people to try and take the white no hit targets. I have brought home a few of those and when the stage is run as planned they usually have very few holes in them. So keep that in mind when you go to your next one.

8. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

9. Dmonwai

Dmonwai Seattle Member

There are not any white no-shoot targets in IDPA. White no-shoots are used in USPSA but not IDPA. IDPA no-shoots are regular IDPA targets with black hands painted on them.

10. richardlpalmer

richardlpalmer Kirkland, WA Active Member

If you shoot at a range they very likely have them...