Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where to buy grain mill and meat grinder near Portland

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Father of four, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Hey, I am looking to buy one of those old time cast iron grain mills and a meat grinder. I have found them online but the shipping is like 3 times the amount of the product! Does anyone know of where I can purchase them around the Portland area? Maybe within 50 miles or so. Thanks, Howard

Here are a few examples.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  2. ArmedAmish

ArmedAmish Sherwood, OR Member

This doesn't answer your question, but we've bought from both Lehmans and from Pleasant Hill Grain. The problem is that they are both mail-order... We've found Pleasant Hill to be both cost effective and excellent customer service.

www.lehmans.com
    www.pleasanthillgrain.com

Bryce

3. EZLivin

EZLivin SW of PDX Well-Known Member

Years ago I bought a Country Living Grain Mill from these folks in Vancouver. It is expensive, but is extremely high quality. Looks like they also carry another brand that is less expensive.

www.healthyharvest.com

4. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

This is a long shot but it is worth a try! Besides it is a great store - one that time has forgotten!

There is an old time, old fashion 1950's type Hardware store called Ankeny Hardware located on 1134 South East Stark Ave. Portland. They are a major re-seller of Aladdin Mantle Lamps and other related Leman's type supplies. If anyone has what you're looking for they would. I'd look them up and give them a call.

5. bersaguy

bersaguy Oregon Member

+1 on Healty Harvest in Vancouver. I bought a Country Living Grain Mill there a few years ago. It is a top quality product and much better quality than the ones pictured in the OP.

Here is a link to the mill:

http://www.healthyharvest.com/countrylivingmill.aspx

Good luck and shoot straight.

6. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!

7. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

8. Scrammer

Scrammer SW Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Bob's Sporting goods in Longview, WA for meat grinder at least.