JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think having antibiotics on hand is a very important part of your survival med stock. I would not be against the idea of using some from the farm store is needed but would prefer to use tablet form made for human consumption. Ordering from India online is illegal as far as I can tell so I would prefer to simply find an understanding Doctor who understands the preppers need for this. I am part of an HMO and my doc has flat out refused to supply me. Seems to me that someone should know an understanding doctor.

Anyone care to introduce me to one?

Most of your local medical supply stores have cheap first aid supplies in bulk (4x4's, sterile trauma dressings, Coban, etc.) One thing I love for small, deep lacerations that could be sutured is, super glue. A general guideline, if the laceration is less than 3 cm and not involving a joint, clean it well and apply a couple of coats of super glue.

Don't rely on your Internet ordered Indian drugs to actually work during your SHTF scenario.

India has been pinpointed as by far the biggest culprit in making fake drugs - according to 2005 TAXUD statistics released by the European Commission, 75 per cent of the global cases of counterfeit medicines originated from India, 7 per cent from Egypt and 6 per cent from China.

The emergence of another new and troubling trend identified by the report is the increasing role the internet is playing in the spread of counterfeit products. In particular, the report highlighted the recent case of the obesity drug Rimonabant, which was falsely advertised for sale over the internet before it had even received EU marketing approval.

The OECD also released shocking pictures of the rudimentary methods and environments used in the production of counterfeit pharmaceuticals in both developing countries (depicted below), and developed countries, where the conditions were not much improved.

The organisation said that the criminals responsible for the manufacture and distribution of counterfeit drugs range from individuals including medical professionals such as pharmacists and physicians, to criminal groups, organized crime syndicates, rogue pharmaceutical companies, corrupt local and national officials and terrorist organisations.

New counterfeit report highlights worrying trends

IN NEW DELHI Private investigator Suresh Sati rattled off the popular brand names listed on the boxes of cough syrup, supplements, vitamins and painkillers sprawled across the desk and shelves in his basement office.

"They look real, but all these are fakes," said Sati, head of a New Delhi-based agency that helps police conduct raids against counterfeit-drug syndicates across the country. "A regular customer cannot make out if a drug is fake. . . . The biggest giveaway is when someone is selling medicines very cheap. It is almost always fake."

In June, officials at Nigeria's Abuja airport caught a shipment of fake antibiotics, containing no active ingredients, with a "Made in India" label.

On a recent morning in the northern city of Varanasi, a young man named Ashish waited for a shipment of painkillers and postpartum pills to arrive by train.

He said his order of pills that controlled postpartum bleeding contained chalk powder but came with the brand name Methergine in a Novartis package.

The painkiller had insufficient ingredients and carried a Bidanzen Forte label inside a knockoff GlaxoSmithKline package.

"There is a lot of profit in this," said Ashish, 28, describing the extent of counterfeit drugs in Varanasi. He declined to give his surname because his operation is illegal.

"I do not think about right or wrong," he said. "I am not killing anybody. The worst is that these medicines will not show any result and the patient may have to check into a hospital."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/10/AR2010091006700.html

I think having antibiotics on hand is a very important part of your survival med stock. I would not be against the idea of using some from the farm store is needed but would prefer to use tablet form made for human consumption. Ordering from India online is illegal as far as I can tell so I would prefer to simply find an understanding Doctor who understands the preppers need for this. I am part of an HMO and my doc has flat out refused to supply me. Seems to me that someone should know an understanding doctor.

Anyone care to introduce me to one?

Just bought Tetan-as Typhoid and Penicillin (liquid, inject type) with needles and injectors from Bleyhls. No Rx needed!

*edit*

It's is sad that I can't spell tet@nus because of the word a n u s gets censored. My god, I know that they want this forum to be "clean" but this is getting re-tarded.

It's is sad that I can't spell tet@nus because of the word a n u s gets censored.

Wow. It is a proper medical word no less. Plus it is our cat's "other" name ("A*us," not "Tet*nus.") Good thing "Penicillin" is spelled with a "c" and not an "s."

Last Edited:
Another reminder for you city boys, LOL. :)

Medicinal alcohol is dirt cheap and necessary for treating and preventing infection. It will sterilize tools. There is a BIG difference between rubbing alcohol and regular denatured alcohol. Rubbing alcohol has oils in it to replace the oils in the skin which are removed by the alcohol. Please spend some time learning the difference and ask your pharmacist for some denatured alcohol. Denatured is real alcohol with some additives to make it undrinkable, thus avoiding the taxes on "Everclear" type alcohols.

Alcohol is actualy a really poor antiseptic.
In Microbiology lab I wanted to see how it did in e.coli so I put some in a 90% ethanol solution for 20 min and then cultured the solution. There was no significant difference between the dish cultured straight from the e.coli bottle and the 90% solution.
Beta-dine or a straight iodine is a better idea. The ER will irrigate a fresh injury with straight saline because iodine or beta-dine will kill the healthy tissue as it cleans out the wound complicating the healing process.

As a side note the CDC has noted that alcohol hand cleaners will not kill e.coli or c.diflagia which are both associated with gastrointestinal infections, and are probably associated with outbreaks of those infections in health care settings due to the push to use those cleaners in lue of soap and water.

I have a question regarding clotting agents; What is the proper way to apply secondary care after clotting agents have been used?

Unless your using something like Hemcon or celox the secondary care is surgery to repair the severed artery which is the only reason you should be using a clotting agent. Quickclot will cause tissue necrosis due to the osmotic action it uses to stop the bleeding. That tissue will likely need to be excised.

Unless your using something like Hemcon or celox the secondary care is surgery to repair the severed artery which is the only reason you should be using a clotting agent. Quickclot will cause tissue necrosis due to the osmotic action it uses to stop the bleeding. That tissue will likely need to be excised.
So...Not so good for a SHTF scenario when secondary care is an undermined time away....

Quickclot will cause tissue necrosis due to the osmotic action it uses to stop the bleeding. That tissue will likely need to be excised.

Good to know. Glad I have both Celox and Quickclot. But they both are part of my larger plan to stick close to home (and hospital) during any periods of craziness.

Another place to order several types of antibiotics is Amazon - they are intended for your fishies, but come in caplets/tablets dosed similar/same as human meds...
I've seen amoxicillin, Cephalexin, Ciprofloxacin, tetracycline, ampicillin,
metronidazole, Erythromycin, Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim, Doxycycline, and probably some others.

just search for fish antibiotics - you can probably pick them up locally at a fish store, but I haven't checked and Amazon is probably cheaper

Not recommending this, but during my farming days as a youth, we had a cow cut a LARGE milk vein. The quick clot we had in a puffer bottle got bled out pretty quick. I told my mom to get me a tub of flour from the kitchen. NOT the most sterile of things, but it saved the cow's life until the vet could get there (about 45 minutes later).

By the time the vet did get there, I was standing in a large pool of blood that had accumulated in the 10 minutes while I was trying to get the bleeding stopped while getting the crud kicked out of me too.

In an emergency, you can get pretty inventive.

Sodbuster

Alcohol is actualy a really poor antiseptic.
In Microbiology lab I wanted to see how it did in e.coli so I put some in a 90% ethanol solution for 20 min and then cultured the solution. There was no significant difference between the dish cultured straight from the e.coli bottle and the 90% solution.
Beta-dine or a straight iodine is a better idea. The ER will irrigate a fresh injury with straight saline because iodine or beta-dine will kill the healthy tissue as it cleans out the wound complicating the healing process.

So, are you recommending keeping some saline solution in your kit? I don't remember saline being mentioned any any of the kits I've seen online, or that people put together.

Thoughts/suggestions?

-d

Last Edited:
Check into MMS Water.

All I can say is two years ago I drove into a brutal fever about 104 and felt like I was going to die. My friend made me up three doses of the stuff. The next morning I felt like a million bucks.

For pennies it did more for me than every single item I could buy from a drug store. Supposedly it kills just about every virus in the human body.

After staying at MGM Grand last year in Las Vegas I came home with a nice case of Scabies - red marks all over my legs - nice. I bathed in a mix of MMS and whammo no more little critters and I didn't have to ingest a bunch of pesticides (like my doctor offered).

Some alternative methods are dirt cheap and DO work. They will be great post SHTF. Especially if the TPTB decide to turn loose a lab virus on the sheeple. Of course, doctors and the money-sucking pharms will all say any alternative/nearly free treatment is garbage. I prefer to decide for myself based on what I have seen with my own eyes.

World Without Cancer by G. Edward Griffin is probably the most important DVD I've ever watched, health wise. When there are trillions of dollars to be made by treating illnesses, if you think the establishment wants you healthy and non-dependent, you are mistaken.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top