JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is places like Curtis blue line and a few others in Tigard they sell soft armor ECT and I don't believe you have to be a leo or armed security unless you are trying to buy leo discounted items or restricted items

Why? Just why?

Screenshot_20200101-172327.jpg crazy they know people are dumb enough to try this. Looks like some decent stuff though

Why? Just why?

View attachment 646333crazy they know people are dumb enough to try this. Looks like some decent stuff though
When I saw this the first time I thought it was some kind of gag, get clicks thing. When I looked into it I was impressed with the Co. I would sure as hell NEVER do what he did to demo the stuff but, what the hell. The stuff they make sure as hell looks nice for the price. :eek:

When I saw this the first time I thought it was some kind of gag, get clicks thing. When I looked into it I was impressed with the Co. I would sure as hell NEVER do what he did to demo the stuff but, what the hell. The stuff they make sure as hell looks nice for the price. :eek:
Agreed likes like some nice stuff! But please don't tell me he really shot himself! Because if he did even though it's dumb I'm impressed and am ready to throw money at him if it really works.

Ok he really did shoot himself! The one issue I had seen was there was no damage to the coat at all not even a minor hole in the front leads me to belive he used a blank or a really really low powered round no bulge in the armor at all he wouldn't show the front! He did have a mighty bruse but ya know hollywood think he would have been in way more pain! IDK I quess I've just had to much coffie today

Last Edited:
Agreed likes like some nice stuff! But please don't tell me he really shot himself! Because if he did even though it's dumb I'm impressed and am ready to throw money at him if it really works
Who knows, he sure put on a good show if it was staged. The place is just down the road from me. I have meant a couple times to ask them if you can actually walk in and see them. If I ever do will have to ask if that guy is there. So I can ask him, so did you really shoot yourself in that video? :s0140:

Who knows, he sure put on a good show if it was staged. The place is just down the road from me. I have meant a couple times to ask them if you can actually walk in and see them. If I ever do will have to ask if that guy is there. So I can ask him, so did you really shoot yourself in that video? :s0140:
That would be awesome and if so and he says yes I'll send you my credit card info:s0114:

There are a couple of places online that do steel plates, but they are heavy and kind of expensive, the ceramic ones are nice and light, but they get shot one time and then they are history. Spartan has some level III steel plates that are good. Spartan Armor Systems AR500 Omega Body Armor And Plate Carrier Package Up to 18% Off w/ Free S&H — 7 models

Spartan's Omega series plates are tested against the following threats: 7.62x51mm, .223 55gr, .308, 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, and 12 gauge slugs. You can view the Oregon Ballistic Laboratories test results here: AR500 Omega Armor Test Results

I do not know what kind of anti spalling protection any of these offer.

I've seen a fellow on YT that makes them out of fiberglass and kevlar layers that he clamps and sets and then trims.. Very cheap and will survive multiple shots without coming apart. Here is the video

Last Edited:
Seems I recall that there's no such thing as Level III+ soft armor? Only the Level IIIA which isn't rated for any rifle rounds?

I know theres lightweight level III+ hard plates out there, but for the money ceramic IVs are supposedly better?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top