JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
25 lb? Holy moly. Midway has hodgen 777 FFF for $47 per pound. Must be a big discount for bulk I assume.
I bought Swiss 1.5 for my long range BPCR rifles, and I go through a lot of powder. BACO does give a discount the more you buy, so a case is a big discount. I think it was about $25 a lb. for case lots.

I have not followed this black powder shortage situation for several months now.

Are all of you finding your black powder IN your local stores or finding it online or not at all?

If you are finding it in the stores - please name the stores and their locations.

If you are finding it online - please provide a link.

What prices are you seeing for the powder and your other supplies that were so hard to FIND in the past?

Did the one company (?) who bought the famous closed b/p company open up and start shipping their products all over this nation?

Thank you.

Cate

Did the one company (?) who bought the famous closed b/p company open up and start shipping their products all over this nation?
ESTES of model rocket fame , bought GOEX...However production has not started up yet.

The Hawken Shop ( Greene's Gun Shop ) at Oak Harbor has Swiss and Schuetzen black powder as well as caps , flints and almost anything else you could want for Black Powder Firearms.
Andy

My bowhunting buddy is a friend and neighbor of owner of The Gun Works in Springfield. She recently told him percussion caps are virtually impossible to find. Suppliers don't return calls.

For the Remington you will need :

Black powder....either 2F or 3F...both will work ....
A flask with a 24 grain spout...
# 10 caps seem to work the best for most revolvers....that said you can use #11's...might need to give the caps a pinch to fit...
.451 or .454 round ball or bullets...
( whichever fits best , kinda like the deal with the caps...some guns like one...some the other.....)
Some folks like to use a greased felt wad between the powder and the ball.....
Grease for the cylinder face...

As for the where...
The Gun Works out of Springfield OR...
Dixie GunWorks...
October Country....
Track of the Wolf....
Are all good places to mail order the above.

And yes you will have to pay for Haz-Mat in regards to black powder shipping.....
Andy
I have read about percussion revolvers chain firing from loose fitting caps. And remembering all the fouling around the nipples of my stainless Remington, it makes sense. I will use #10 caps from now on, if I can find them.

Mr T says, I pity the fool who buys one pound of hazmat products. Go big or go home:)
2CD7D897-296C-4375-B02F-21A5C6013ABE.jpeg

777 will work just fine, just back off the charge weight a few grains, and DON'T Pack It Down under the projectile very much, it's plenty safe and easy to clean, though you MUST clean immediately after use, JUST DON"T PACK IT! 777 Gold is approximately 3F and 777 Silver is closer to 2F, ether will work, JUST DON"T PACK IT!! Bimart and Sportsmans usually have one or T'other on the shelves, best to check with them now and again! All else fails, The Gunworks in Springfield is THE Muzzle Loaders Holy Grail of Old School Holy Black Stores, Well worth the drive! Might as well grab a few pounds while your there, and any other needed things, of which they ALWAYS have lots of goodies to feed the need! Careful thought, That Place is Addictive, your gonna wanna go back for more!

I have been looking for a couple pounds in the Dallas area with not much luck.
I figured someone would have some 3fg quirreled away they would want to sell..
At a premium.......which I really don't mind paying at this point if it gets me shooting.

I have been looking for a couple pounds in the Dallas area with not much luck.
I figured someone would have some 3fg quirreled away they would want to sell..
At a premium.......which I really don't mind paying at this point if it gets me shooting.

A fellow named Ken has a black-powder business in Keizer.

You have to call him to set up a time to go to his place. Here's his information:

313B52FB-AFA7-41CC-BF6E-B74CC9C7821D.jpeg

I picked up a couple of pounds of BP from him this morning.

2F and 3F, $30 each.

83C61A55-A6BB-4310-B20C-AC521B438738.jpeg

Just bought a black powder revolver last Friday from a friend. Went to the Rickreall gun show and ran into Ken and I assume his wife, from Muzzle Reloading and More. Bought some items from him. What a nice couple, was willing to talk to me and didn't mind me taking up there time. He had powder also.

He did say that he runs this business out of his garage, and has a full time job so best time to contact him is in the evenings.

Me need um' black stuff to make pow pow.

Where to buy? Is this sold in-store at bimart, sportsman's warehouse, cabelas, other? I assume online they charge u for hazardous shipping? Would like to get bullets caps powder wads and some sort of measure all in one place in store if that's possible. I don't know jack about BP so appreciate any feedback. Thx!
The Gun Works in Springfield. Pretty much the only true muzzleloader supplier in the state...

I'll add to the recommendations for The Gun Works. I used to live down the street from them, shopped there many times. Joe was a wealth of information, but he's gone now.

It's still well worth the visit, amazing what they pack into a small store.

I have chatted with Ken at shows before and can vouch that he is a good guy. That being said, I'm not a black powder guy but still like to prowl the corners of The Gun Works. Is a good shop run by good people.

When Joe Williams was still with us the Gun Works had a lot of antique single shots also that weren't muzzle loaders. If you knew Joe well enough his main interest was old 1800's single shot cartridge rifles, and his walk in vault in the back was packed with hundreds of them. Many not for sale as they were his personal collection.
Whenever I was down that way I stopped to visit with Joe, and our visits usually took place in his vault with a cup of coffee.

Just bought a black powder revolver last Friday from a friend. Went to the Rickreall gun show and ran into Ken and I assume his wife, from Muzzle Reloading and More. Bought some items from him. What a nice couple, was willing to talk to me and didn't mind me taking up there time. He had powder also.

He did say that he runs this business out of his garage, and has a full time job so best time to contact him is in the evenings.
He's the fellow in Keizer.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top