JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure what the new "normal" prices will be, but quite confident we will NEVER see 2019 prices again.
I'm half and half on this. Not a hard disagree but something has to give and people will get tired of looking. At the same time however, even "chit" ammo is high on the radar because its something to shoot and can still be traded. Cheapest stuff I found was 5 cents a round for poop 22LR Russian ammo. I have yet to fire it but the school of thought with .22 being a law unto itself would place it with any gun that can fire it works. Some guns fire ammo better than others and chit ammo will always be better than no ammo at all. How many caveats for this can we bring up ? Soon things will level out but likely to stay pretty busy up to next year, if people decide
They have " enough" and go for a sale box instead of cleaning out the whole shelf.

I'm half and half on this. Not a hard disagree but something has to give and people will get tired of looking. At the same time however, even "chit" ammo is high on the radar because its something to shoot and can still be traded. Cheapest stuff I found was 5 cents a round for poop 22LR Russian ammo. I have yet to fire it but the school of thought with .22 being a law unto itself would place it with any gun that can fire it works. Some guns fire ammo better than others and chit ammo will always be better than no ammo at all. How many caveats for this can we bring up ? Soon things will level out but likely to stay pretty busy up to next year, if people decide
They have " enough" and go for a sale box instead of cleaning out the whole shelf.
I think that will be a long ways off for the most popular calibers. Hopefully we will see the less popular calibers occupying the shelves for longer periods of time soon. 9mm and 223, forget about it. That stuff won't be collecting dust on shelves for at least the remainder of 2021.

All the sites online wants double the original price. Most gun stores aint even putting out ammo instead putting them on sites for auction or in classifieds to make more money. Now if only we could buy straight from the manufacturers like federal ammo there wouldnt be no shortage. Well maybe there would be but their wouldnt be no price gouging atleast
Not necessarily the gun stores selling on auction sites. My son-in-law is buyer for a small store chain. He has a $700,000.00 order in with the manufacturers and they are telling him he might get 10% of what he ordered. They can't keep up with demand.

When people realize they have more ammo than they would normally shoot in a given time frame. At least reasonably shoot. I never shot 40 cal a lot but have enough at my normal rate to last maybe 2 years. If I saw regular plinking quality 40 cal $20 or less I would buy. If I don't shoot that caliber for a year I'd be fine with that as well.

You can. I ordered some 22lr ammo direct from CCI but the price wasn't great. But better than some places and they had it in stock.
Normally if a manufacturer sells direct and to a retail operation , the prices to the retailer are lower, even for the same size sale. This is legal, as manufacturer is only required to give equal prices to customers within the same class of sale. A customer who is a retail store buying for resale is essentially advertising the item and spreading it to new customers. I buy Grizzly ammo direct from manufacturer Grizzly rather than middleman Midway because Grizzly is more likely to have their ammo in stock. And because they are NW. The prices are identical.

That would be kind of hard when the store didn't have any.
I guess you've learned a valuable lesson and my work here is done.

and in answer to your original query; Try your favorite search engine or buy from someone locally here in the classified. Many have already replied with great info.

but I must admit, your lack of understanding negotiation led you to this website after the fact so maybe that was a good thing? Time will tell.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top