JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It may have been beat to death here and elsewhere, but if you're going to grab a WASR without getting your hands on it before paying, Henderson Defense is the only way to go with any modicum of certainty towards quality. Link: <broken link removed>

As has also been said elsewhere, an under-folder may not be the greatest choice for a first WASR - they look great, sure, but they bang you up a little, and the stocks aren't as durable as they could be. I've heard alot of better reviews of the Yugo M70 underfolders, to boot - wouldn't know anything about that personally. First and only WASR is an underfolder, but if I had it to do again (which I suppose isn't unreasonable at their price point) I'd go for a side folder - more upgrade options, same profile.

I'd spend the extra $50 bucks or so and get a Yugo M70...its the best "cheap" (under $500) AK build I've ever seen. I love mine...I have both the fixed and the folder...in fact, only two AK's that I kept. I sold off my wASR10 fixed and a Vector fixed. Good luck!

A Yugoslavian AK47 is generally known to be a higher quality rifle, but at the same time they are heavier and don't have chrome lined barrels, so in the long run, I would recommend a Bulgarian AK47 as it offers that same higher quality manufacturing process, but at a lighter weight and with a chrome lined barrel. Honestly though either one of those rifles is better than a Romanian variant, which are generally known to be low end rifles and wouldn't hold up to the same punishment. Honestly when it comes to the AK47 a little bit extra ($50 to $150 more in most cases) can make a world of difference in terms of both accuracy and reliability.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top