Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where to buy a suppressor in PDX?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by CHLChris, Mar 30, 2015.

1. CHLChris

CHLChris Portland Metro East Love me some guns! Bronze Supporter

I live right near Keith's and like doing business with them. Their price for a Silencerco Octane 45 is about $100 more than SilencerShop online from Texas. But then, I'm assuming there would be shipping and a transfer fee here in Oregon when it is delivered through an Oregon FFL, probably adding up pretty quick.

I've heard Curt's is pretty good, too. I've always found Keith's to be pretty much the lowest price on guns, but anyone have any thoughts on Curt's prices?

Any experiences here concerning online suppressor sales?

Where did everyone buy their own silencers?

2. Misternt

Misternt Salem Area Active Member

Silencershop is well regarded as an online dealer. Keep in mind that to buy from them it'll have to transfer from Silencerco to a local dealer ($75 for silencershop direct). Also the ATF has to approve a form 3 which for my last two cans took 2 months which adds to the already agonizing wait.

Might want to take a look at forums sponsors as well.

3. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I started buying suppressors from Curt's because they had the inventory in stock.
    The real bonus was all the help from Hilary when dealing with the paperwork.
    I had created a family gun trust and she helped steer me through the ATF paperwork pitfalls that can pop up when you buy your first can and also when submiting a form 1 for an SBR.
    I never got that kind of attention when dealing with Keith's, and I live real close to Gresham, but gladly take the time to drive to Gladstone.

jptcustoms, BradC and CHLChris like this.
  4. Nero

Nero Portland Member

Curt is awesome and great pricing AND stocks some inventory. AAC SDN-6 to me was $799 and included (1) 51T flash hider. BAM! Get you some of that! Curt will do transfers too....I think it's $75 but your better off buying it direct from him....if he can get what you want. He is a big loveable fuzz ball so say hello and ask him direct.

jptcustoms and jbett98 like this.
  5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Also, Curt's doesn't charge a background check fee and as stated in the above post, they sweeten the deal with a free thread adapter which can be around $80.00 or more.

6. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

JC Weaponry. Jason is awesome super professional and usually beats silencershop prices to stay competitive. I have bought many items from him and have no problem recommending him 100%. That being said I have also done business with other vendors listed and have had minor to major issues. Buying online is a simple process but usually adds a transfer fee. Better to support your local sellers.

Abiqua and madmax like this.
  7. CHLChris

Considering the transfer fees involved, I agree wholeheartedly that local is best.

When I talked to Keith, himself, though, he seemed to have a few erroneous answers concerning how I would buy with a trust. I have read in multiple locations that ATF pretty much needs the entire trust, including the schedules and the certification. He told me none of that was necessary. He also said that I don't need to include the new suppressor on the Schedule A. I have definitely read that this is necessary. I just feel like he may not have as much experience with Class III stuff as others may have.

I'll definitely have to drive over to Curt's and see what the"big lovable fuzzball" has to say.

8. broncman

broncman E. of Portland yet to close! Quality Control!

I would talk to Keith's wife Regina (I believe that is her name) instead as she handles the paperwork!
    Now Jason at Jc weaponry is awesome and I am currently waiting on paperwork for my second suppressor from him. I would suggest calling him or even sending an email with what you are looking for. He does a lot of work with police departments and Gun shows so be patient if you don't get a response right away.

9. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I'm another satisfied customer of JC Weaponry. I've purchased 2 cans from him. First can, a Spectre II, he had instock and was less than MSRP. Second can was a Bowers VERS 9S which he had to order from Bowers first. Even with the $50 transfer fee, it was still less than buying from Bowers directly. Bowers is in state, so I could have purchased directly from them.

10. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Jason is great and will do the paperwork with you via mail (you send him a check and he sends you the forms to sign and send to the ATF) so you don't even have to drive out to Newberg until the forms are approved. Or you can arrange to meet up with him at one of the Portland gun shows. Great guy, great prices!

11. CHLChris

Let me give you an update. I emailed Jason and figured out that his price was about $40 cheaper than Keith's, but Keith's is right around the corner from me so I decided to go in there. When he brought out the Octane to get the serial number, I realized it didn't come with a piston (extra charge). That meant that Jason's price is actually $120 cheaper! So I got back in touch with Jason and am going with him. Plus, he's really nice, and quite easy to work with. No need to see him face to face until it is the joyous day of transfer!

Without your help, everybody, I wouldn't have even known about JC Weaponry. Now I'm on a kick to make sure every barrel has threads!!

12. Norm0931

Norm0931 Hillsboro, OR Sgt. Sheep Silver Vendor 2016 Volunteer

Do not put your pending can on the schedule A unless you specifically write "pending." The Schedule A is for items the trust owns. The new can is not owned by the trust until AFTER your approval. They'll kick it back to you for correction.

13. CHLChris

You read my mind! Thanks for the heads-up on that...

14. Norm0931

No problem. I do all the NFA paperwork at J&B Firearms. Had this happen to a customer last year.

15. CHLChris

That's what I ended up doing. Jason walked me through adding it to my Sched A with (pending approval) next to it. ATF received the paperwork today. NFATracker.com predicts I'll have it back 55% chance by July, and 75% chance by August. We'll see...

16. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Now the hard part the wait begins.....

Jason is a good guy to deal with. I still wish he had a WA FFL....:(

17. Norm0931

I just got a Form 4 yesterday on a trust that I signed on Dec 30. Mailed in 3 days later. So it's just over 4 months.

18. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

just picked up aac tirant from Jason at the show today a little short of 5 months

19. madmax

madmax woodburn Active Member

I use www.jcweaponry.com, he is at ever gun show. He has been around for a good 10, by far has the best deals

20. CHLChris

Well, I've got threads on everything now and just plain can't wait!! Too bad I'm probably going to miss out on most of the summer for "silent" shooting!