JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Find a wholesale bakery.

Ask someone where the recycling is.

You can find 5 gallon buckets with lids, that were used once.

They're probably relatively clean, just some soap and water clean up.

I kept cruising Craigslist > Cities until I found what I was looking for.

Also, you can try bakeries, pastry shops etc.. sometimes they give them away sometimes they sell them, be preare to clean out bakery type stuff out of them though. Personally the bakeries i talked to were always out when I got there, but have talked to other who go them their.

Interestingly I found that Home Depot carries the Gama Seal lids and they always have those bright orange 5 gallon buckets. I bought a 12 pack of lids and 6 gallon buckets from Costco a while back. They were here in 3 days with free shipping.

Interestingly I found that Home Depot carries the Gama Seal lids and they always have those bright orange 5 gallon buckets. I bought a 12 pack of lids and 6 gallon buckets from Costco a while back. They were here in 3 days with free shipping.

Costco.com still has them --> Link

12-pack Gamma Lids & 6-gallon Buckets
with 12 Mylar Pouches & 80 500cc Oxygen Absorbers

Thanks for all the suggestions. I wanted to get some stuff packaged today and didn't want to wait for online delivery or drive all over the place.

I didn't find any 6 gallon buckets today, but I found white 5 gallon food grade buckets at Lowe's for $3.50 each. The Gamma lids I got at Home depot for $6.97 each, and the O2 absorbers I picked up at Portland Preparation Center (nice people!).

I packaged 325# of food staples this afternoon and feel really good about my progress.

Hawaiian Teryaki -Corrner of 1st and Baseline in Hillsboro, 5 -6 gallon food grade buckets with Handles, o-ring lids and unopened pour spouts $2.00 each originally had soy sauce in them. Good food there too.

Try a homebrew store. The 5 gallon primary fermenter buckets they sell are 6 gallon food grade. They cut a couple holes in them and overcharge a bit, but if you talk to the guy you may be able to pick a couple up that haven't been drilled yet for a little over cost...

Bob's Red Mill has the 5 and 6 gallon buckets and the Gamma lids...I don't recall the price...sure it wasn't the cheapest you could find, but I just needed 2 and I was there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top