JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As much as I like supporting local, I would say it depends on how much you are looking to buy.

If it is a box or two most sporting good stores should have what you need. If you are looking for a lot I would likely order online.

You can also check online at places like those linked above to find average pricing. It will vary greatly.

I bought the kids a single shot 20 ga instead of a .410 for trap shooting precisely because of the price differential between 20 ga and .410. It's like 50% higher for .410.

I bought the kids a single shot 20 ga instead of a .410 for trap shooting precisely because of the price differential between 20 ga and .410. It's like 50% higher for .410.
Years ago I bought a Rossi trifecta with a 20ga for my oldest to use. We went to a youth clay shoot, I think the place is called Mitchell's? First shot, the clay vaporizes but she wouldn't shoot the 20 anymore. Tried one of the loaner 410 and shot a couple more times but I don't remember her hitting anything again on that trip.

I don't recall what we were using, full power load, reduced load, anything like that. I will admit though, that 20 was really light and so kicked just as hard as my 12, maybe harder.

Recently when Old Western Scrounger had single shots for under $100 I picked up a youth 410 and a full sized 20. I shot a couple rounds with the 20 and put it up, hasn't been much of a priority lately. If I stumble across some 410 shells I'll get them both out and well see if my 11 yo can shoot shotgun any better than I can?

Years ago I bought a Rossi trifecta with a 20ga for my oldest to use. We went to a youth clay shoot, I think the place is called Mitchell's? First shot, the clay vaporizes but she wouldn't shoot the 20 anymore. Tried one of the loaner 410 and shot a couple more times but I don't remember her hitting anything again on that trip.

I don't recall what we were using, full power load, reduced load, anything like that. I will admit though, that 20 was really light and so kicked just as hard as my 12, maybe harder.

Recently when Old Western Scrounger had single shots for under $100 I picked up a youth 410 and a full sized 20. I shot a couple rounds with the 20 and put it up, hasn't been much of a priority lately. If I stumble across some 410 shells I'll get them both out and well see if my 11 yo can shoot shotgun any better than I can?
I know what you mean about the recoil on the 20 ga. I have an Ithaca Model 37 in 20 ga (full choke). It's one of my favorite shotguns of all time. Lethal on doves. But it weighs something like 5.5 lbs, and it kicks like a mule.

GunInv2016-Ithaca1.jpg

Surefire place to find reasonably priced .410 and maybe 20ga shells for quail? In the Willamette valley, say Salem to Portland, or west of I5 like me. What's a reasonable price I should expect to pay?

Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads