JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where do people in the Seattle Tacoma area buy Grade 1-k or better kerosene for heating their homes in an emergency? Seems there has to be better pricing then paying the mark up that Home Depot or Lowes wants. Would want to either buy by 5 gallon buckets or even would consider 55 gallon barrells.
Want to switch away from noisy generators yet keep the family warm and safe when the power is out but not spend more money then needed.
Grew up with family using them to heat home for week at a time during power outages and we also used the heater to heat our boats when up in the cold north. Back then seemed like we bought at gas station but now even internet does not show many places selling and Lowes and Depot seem to be only places showing they sell. Some one out there must still be selling for decent prices.

As a former Fire Fighter
if you have cats or dogs I strongly recommend against open flames of any kind even children are a threat.
look in the yellow pages for Fuel-oil, search the internet for Bulk Kerosene. Look for jet fuel as well.

Any bulk fuel supplier should have it, that is where people get it for their homes. You dont think people go to HD and buy it that way to fill there 250gal + heating tanks do you.......

We have a fuel station here you pull up and get it at the pump just like you would any other fuel.

My suggestion would be to get a farm fuel tank, there are a wide variety of sizes out there and use that to dispense kero for whatever things you have need it. I don't really like running kero heaters indoors, as they stink (yes, even the super efficient ones) and leave little bits of soot on the walls, windows and ceiling.

I do have a few of those bazooka style kero heaters I've used for outdoor heating (in the shop and barn), I think it puts out something like 2000000 BTU, but it does need electric power for the fan. However if you have a large area you need to heat up, those things are the ticket.

I'd like to add that metal tanks may collect condensation and eventualy rust out, not a big threat as you will have a filter of some sort but if you can scavange a few plastic auto/ PU fuel tanks that problem is mostly solved.
A well vented oil burning furnace that is not computer dependant can be found if one does the foot work. (Canada?)

One of the best options to avoid having issues with condensation is to get a tank that doesn't have that problem. The plastic/vinyl fuel bladders they sell for boats are a great option:

Marine Gas/Diesel/JP-8 Fuel Bladder Tanks and FueLockers for Extended Range

Looking at the prices, it seems to scale geometrically down as the bladder gets bigger. So a 75 or 100 gal bladder is only half again more than the 25 gal bladder. I'm thinking I may do this for gasoline storage in the near future.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top