JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
-Lots of new gun owners buying ammo
-kids got shot at school, Obama talked, people got scared
-everyone sees everyone else buying all of it and they in turn want to but all of it
-You can sell it for more than you bought it for (some people like to make money this way)

22lr ammo is not hard to find.
even cci mini mag can be purchased by the pallet load.
What is hard to find, is the will to pay the prices.
"gunbroker"

Based on some of the prices I have seen for .22 I can reload .38 special for about the same price - and I have the components on hand. Something has to 'give' soon or the hoarders/scalpers will run out of space, those who have bought at the scalper's prices will quit doing so, the scalpers will finally quit buying, production will slow and there will be a gridlock - unless this is already the case.

I like plinking .22 the same as the next guy, but one of the (historic) merits was it's cheap price point.. Today, if you can find other calibers cheaper why not just shoot that while waiting for the prices to lower?

-Lots of new gun owners buying ammo
-kids got shot at school, Obama talked, people got scared
-everyone sees everyone else buying all of it and they in turn want to but all of it
-You can sell it for more than you bought it for (some people like to make money this way)

But almost all the popular size's are on the shelf.

But almost all the popular size's are on the shelf.

but they weren't a few months ago
The places with the most in stock seem to have the higher prices. When people stop buying at the artificially inflated prices there will be more available at a reasonable price. Until then I will ride it out and stop by BiMart twice a week and see if they have any bricks of 22 available I refuse to pay more than #30 a brick so some price gouger can make more money.

Something has to 'give' soon or the hoarders/scalpers will run out of space, those who have bought at the scalper's prices will quit doing so, the scalpers will finally quit buying, production will slow and there will be a gridlock - unless this is already the case.
Ive been hearing this for the last year now...I dont think its the case anymore.....

Lets say they make 50 million rounds per week. That's 1m rounds per week, per state. Lets say the average box is 500 rounds – that makes 2,000 bricks of 500 rounds per state. Now think how many gun stores there are – say there are 100 (average) per state – that makes 20 bricks per week per store. That's not much and places like Cabellas and large retailer get the most.
While smaller stores like Bi-mart and Freddys and your local gun store get zip at times.

I think its just too many people at once getting the ammo and yet again we have SALES, this week Bimart is selling Ruger 10/22 20.00 off .
Imagine how many new plinkers Bimart who has 74 stores . If they sold one rifle in each store that would be 74 new people buying 500 round boxes.
or 37,000 more rounds needed by the new plinkers if they only bought one box. More rifles sold will mean more ammo needed and that just the Bi-mart chain alone.

I think the hoarder thing is a myth to a point.

My BiMart guy tells me that every day the same guys show up when they open and buy up all 22lr
Not sure about the "hoarders" but there are sure enough Gougers out there

My BiMart guy tells me that every day the same guys show up when they open and buy up all 22lr
Not sure about the "hoarders" but there are sure enough Gougers out there

My closest Bi-Mart is 40 miles away. I'd make the trip if I could buy in Volume.

On the other hand. We have a store here in the TriCities called "Ranch and Home". A.K.A 'Ranch and Robbery'. After calling 10 stores, they where the ONLY buisness that had CCI 22LR at 50 rounds for $4.99. With a limit of one box per customer per day! No wonder they had 6 box's in stock.

Off

Its right here at my office. Come get it.

Gemammo.jpg

Gemammo.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top