JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now that I'm back at a computer...

I already asked about W231 and Titegroup specifically before posting. It looked like the shipment today was all Alliant and Accurate Powders, no IMR or Hodgdon except for Winchester 296/748/760.

They are putting out those pistol powders 2 at a time today so while I was typing up my second reply the two jars of W296 walked off, leaving just the keg. I'm certain if you ask an employee for one of those powders they will go snag one from the back even if the shelf is empty.

Next best time to visit Sportsman's Warehouse in Hillsboro is 2 weeks from today, the 5th.

Sportsman's in Bend is literally DROWNING in powder, rifle stills trumps pistol but pistol IS there - it appears they got a big shipment recently. Been a while since I have seen the shelves this full.

Hillsboro Sportsman's Warehouse: Titegroup $20/jar and $140/keg, 300-MP, W296, H110 (jars and one keg), #5, #7, Silhouette, HS-6, and a keg of Longshot. If you don't see one of these on the shelf when you get there ask at the counter.

Rifle powders I've not seen in a while such as Trailboss and benchmark. Lots of kegs.

Remington Thunderbolt 500 round box for $33. Two on the shelf when I got there and someone picked one up shortly thereafter.

Last Edited:
Glad to hear you got there in time to see pistol powder in real life. I'll probably not drop by again till Thursday the 19th as I was able to pick up Titegroup and 300-MP so about the only powder I could wish for now is 231 but I have many alternatives to work with now.

I was staring at a bunch of powder today so I scooped up some Titegroup (again, even though I don't need it) but almost grabbed some more HS-6, or HP38, maybe some CFE223 or even CFE Pistol... only so much money I had.

Im seeing it at smaller sellers for better pricing.

Cabelas was pretty well stocked up yesterday, more H110 than you could shake a stick at - at least for a while.
They have a 20% off sale going, not on everything, but Hornady bullets were priced really nicely.

Yea - I think Sportsmans have the highest pricing around here. Cabelas is usually a little cheaper for what I'm looking for. But when I take driving time/gas into consideration, it's about equal unless there's a sale going on. Bi-Mart used to be my nearby go-to place for reloading supplies, but up until lately their shelves have been pretty bare.
At some point I might be up for an online group buy...

When the Hillsboro SW opened I found their prices ($24-$26) better than Cabela's ($28-$31), but they've been sneaking up there powder prices ($27-$29) to the point where I have no doubt they now cost as much as or more than everywhere else. But they do give me a 5% discount for looking good so that probably evens it out a lot in the long run. To be honest I've not been to our new Cabela's yet and am referring to prices I saw at the Post Falls location a year ago.

What's strange to me is that they charge about $1 a pound more for IMR than Hodgdon and when they got Titegroup and MP-300 in it was $20-$22 each, far below the other similar powders. If you look up prices at Powder Valley you don't see such a disparity and it seems to me that IMR is actually a tad cheaper than Hodgdon. They must toss a handful of dice to determine the price of new powder deliveries.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, but I think it is worth it.

Hillsboro Sportsman's Warehouse: HP-38, #5, #7, #9, Enforcer, True Blue, Silhouette, HS-6, Longshot, and Power Pistol. There was a 231 price tag below an empty spot on the shelf so I suspect they have more in the back that will trickle out over the next few days, or save $2 and get the HP-38 like I did.

Also of note were Varget and TAC by the 1lb and 8lb. No resupply of primers this week.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, but I think it is worth it.

Hillsboro Sportsman's Warehouse: HP-38, #5, #7, #9, Enforcer, True Blue, Silhouette, HS-6, Longshot, and Power Pistol. There was a 231 price tag below an empty spot on the shelf so I suspect they have more in the back that will trickle out over the next few days, or save $2 and get the HP-38 like I did.

Also of note were Varget and TAC by the 1lb and 8lb. No resupply of primers this week.

231 and HP38 are the same powder.

All the way to the load data.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top