JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The last time I was able to get any was this spring at Sportsman's in Hillsboro. I go there and to Bimart at least once a week different times/days.

I was at Cabelas in Tigard a couple of weeks ago and they were out as well.

It seems as scarce as 22LR... are people hoarding this as well?

Last Edited:
I found HP38 in two locations over the past month. I haven't seen this in over two years. Things are getting better but perhaps not as visible everywhere. Keep checking Sportsmans and Cabelas.

The key for Sportsman's Warehouse in Hillsboro is to go between Thursday afternoon and Friday afternoon. Pistol powder is scarce, but in the past few months you could have purchased #5, #7, Bullseye, Unique, Power Pistol, H110, W231 (8lb only), 700x, 800x, Silhouette, and Longshot. Possibly more, but that is what I have seen and I don't stop by every week. Had you been there Thursday of last week you could have purchased the equally elusive Varget. Fisherman's in Tigard had W296 last week as well.

So there you go, stop by Sportsman's today on your way home from work and forget about the rest of the week. If you can't stop today tell us what you're looking for and I'll keep an eye an out for it.

At Sportsmans Warehouse I found out they do not put the powder out on the shelf. They have a little book on the gun counter with what they have in stock for powder. You need to check it. I kept thinking that they never got powder but they do.

I was speaking of Sportsman's Warehouse in Hillsboro in particular which puts out their powder on their shelves and they are anything but bare. It would be beneficial to know which location you visit that requires asking at the counter.

Yea -driving is kind of part of the problem. All of a sudden the powder gets really expensive unless I'm going there anyway. Need to figure outhat something work related nearby ;-)

I've seen everything from HP39, CFE Pistol, Unique etc on down to Varget and the like.

Depends where you look.

Two jars of HS-6 and 8lb jug of Longshot going on the shelves right now. Also 3 jars of IMR 4227. The fact that they are putting out just 3 jars of popular powders (eg. Varget and HS-6) tells me that the other 7 jars are being kept in the back to be trickled out over the next day or two.

Last Edited:
I found my powders at Kurts in milwaukee area, advanced firarms training on division in Gresham and the little gunstore up in Sandy. I'm kinda glad I stocked up when I found what I wanted. Still would like to find more blue dot...

The Hillsboro location stocks theirs on the shelf, the Longview location has a book. I was able to pick up 2 pounds of Varget two weeks ago and stopped by yesterday morning to pick up a pound of leverevolution and they still had Varget and it was the same lot #, so I picked up another pound of that. They still the 2 bottle limit in effect. This was at the Hillsboro location. The powder selection was the best I've seen in a long time. Stock up before the next election.

There is no doubt that handgun powders are in very short supply. All you have to realize is that almost every govt agency out there has placed orders for millions or billions of pistol rounds and you get the picture. Makes you wonder why it its necessary for homeland security to buy enough rounds to train their stafff for the next 100 years, and with hollow points at that. You figure it out. You can still get Vitavouri and other foreign made powders, but Alliant, Hogdon and other pistol powders are difficult to get for the average guy online.

The last time I was able to get any was this spring at Sportsman's in Hillsboro. I go there and to Bimart at least once a week different times/days.

I was at Cabelas in Tigard a couple of weeks ago and they were out as well.

It seems as scarce as 22LR... are people hoarding this as well?

Did ya' ever go online and look? You know, if you have the $$$, you can order a dozen # jugs and even with the Haz-mat you come out cheaper than buying it of the shelf locally? Sell some of that here, quickly if you put it up for a decent price. Check Powder Valley.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top