JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
there's no correlation. the FBI stats show that pretty clearly. no statistically significant correlation between medication, video games, or movies.

clear factors are school bullying or violence in the home.

also, the 12-16 age range is particularly vulnerable -- it shows in the statistics. secondary school can be the most stressful time in a person's life. social pressure is intense, combine this with raging hormones and teen angst, everyone expecting you to perform in public on a moment's notice, zero tolerance policies, everyone seems to be yelling at you all the time, etc.

Still clueless.

I don't think it is so much the games as my sons play the games and they have firearms safety/shooting training, and respect firearms and what they can do. i think it is the psycho drugs the uninvolved 'parents' put their kids on.

To say video games that are violent has no effect is wrong it does. Look at
Combine and the rest. All avid violent game players. The studies show it has an effect for weeks after playing that shows on MRI and PET scans.

I am not saying they are causative but a contributor in some. The ones that create the games and films for that matter are some of the most rabid anti gunners and IMO play the " who me " game when confronted.
http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0107260

Sons of Anarchy one of the most violent shows on tv is produced by one of the most rabid anti-gunners Kurt Sutter. They profit off violence yet claim Zero accountability. That's wrong.

Last Edited:
I played all sorts of violent video games since I was a kid (Wolfenstien, Doom, Halo, Tribes, COD, Counter Strike, etc) and I turned out just fine. Just own it!
The _______ (gun/music/video games/movie) didn't make you do it.

there's no correlation. the FBI stats show that pretty clearly. no statistically significant correlation between medication, video games, or movies.

I would not ask the FBI, for the time of day. Especially after the leaderLESS-Ness, of the last Seven Plus years.

Here are some realities to consider: during the late 40's, early 50's the movie industry would insert ONE frame every 32, which suggested the desire for PopCorn, and Soda.....

Its called Subliminal Suggestion... Really works.

Modern Video games run Much Faster Frames Per Second....

That has been shown to connect with certain brain issues, that are related to Chemical Changes via drugs, prescribed or Not.

The Question is Not all Psycho Pharmaceuticals are bad.... But that Known Side Effects Do Exist.

I have researched this topic in extremely fine detail... How many here know of, or listen to "Known Reactions" of pharmaceuticals....

OK, How many know that "KR" Only Refer to reactions Over One Percentile of test Subjects?

So.... Here is FACT: there ARE Reactions, Considered ~Rare Reactions~ For the Less than One Percentile... That are Also Verifiable, and can be DEADLY, to those Less Than One Percent.

Given Above, there is No Reasonable Assurance that the Less than One Percent, added with Violent Video Games....

Can result in Psychosis...

Do your own research..... I did mine.

philip

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads