JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going to knock a few chips off the tip of the iceberg here. The hiring of illegals knowingly or not is the exploitation of a culture. People say all the time they can go back home and live like kings, if this is a fact why are these nations so poor. The truth is that when we hire them it keeps the natural affair of supply and demand economics out of balance. If an industry can't find labor it has no choice but to pay more to attract workers. If this had been kept in its natural state there would have been no building boom and wages would have increased attracting better people. Home cost would have gone up in balance with worker wages at a more even rate. Building an economy at a steady rate is always better than boom bust.
When these workers send their money home it comes right back here in the form of interest on loans we give there government and cheap petro. Sounds great only problem is that it keeps these people in a perpetual state of poverty. To me it's a lot like slavery; of course people in these situations are a better worker. Look at the UAE most of the labor is slaved from India. All empires do this.
As a man of the great U.S.A I have always felt I was free from the bonds of slavery. Whether this is economic, social, or governmental. I think WE the people of the U.S are a light in the world because at one time we all were slaves. For some it was labor, some religious, some government, some poverty. In our early history our resources were taken by many countries of the world. Taken by our hands from the dirt then taken from us by gun point. I will not do the same when the men before me fought so hard to rid us of these things.
USA USA USA USA!

How exactly do you propose never hiring illegal immigrants?

How exactly do you propose never hiring illegal immigrants?

Do a bit more than absolutely bare minimum before employment..?.. Visa, Passport etc. There is sometimes dozens of illegals using the same SSN and reporting to IRS only one income sending the rest of the "best wages around" right out of OUR country.

I think your playing dumb here. If "they" are so dedicated and hard working and legal then getting real proof of legality should be no problem for them right?

Do a bit more than absolutely bare minimum before employment..?.. Visa, Passport etc. There is sometimes dozens of illegals using the same SSN and reporting to IRS only one income sending the rest of the "best wages around" right out of OUR country.

I think your playing dumb here. If "they" are so dedicated and hard working and legal then getting real proof of legality should be no problem for them right?

Your ignorance is blinding.

"Real proof" is a valid social security card and matching government issued identification card. The fact that I also background check is going head and shoulders above what 90% of my competition does.

And let me be clear: I only comply with the law because it's financially and legally beneficial for me to do so. I think the law is BS. Immigration control is done at borders and crossings, not a roofing company in Oregon. So bubblegum off anyway, dude- if I was king, all you'd need to get a good job is a reasonable command of the language and a verifiable work history.

"Real proof" is a valid social security card and matching government issued identification card. The fact that I also background check is going head and shoulders above what 90% of my competition does.

And let me be clear: I only comply with the law because it's financially and legally beneficial for me to do so. I think the law is BS. Immigration control is done at borders and crossings, not a roofing company in Oregon. So bubblegum off anyway, dude- if I was king, all you'd need to get a good job is a reasonable command of the language and a verifiable work history.
Your holier than thou attitude is sickening.
I can tell you practice your petty tyranny on your drawer of sock puppets but you cry when they yawn.

You obviously did not read what I wrote. You asked I gave a option. No it's not the self serving ignorance you base your opposition on but I doubt any amount of logic could get through.

This is about all I got for you, dude.

Shaking_head.gif

Become an employer, preferably in an industry that employs a lot of immigrant labor, get about 15 years under your belt, then try to tell me something about this industry.

End the welfare state and these jobs would start to look a lot more desirable to Americans. Also, this:

I think the law is BS. Immigration control is done at borders and crossings

Call me crazy but I don't like massive govt bureaucracy and red tape. Economic freedom and the ease in which you used to be able to start a business with minimal regulations is what prompted prosperity and success and the govt putting massive burdens on the small business owners and job creators is what is stifling the economy.

At the level of the citizen/merchant all that should be required for employment is a contract between the employer and employee. Screening for illegals should be already done at the borders.

Why don't the illegals just get work visas? We do it all the time when we send people to work in the UK or Canada. Mexican nationals that work in nuclear power plants get visas, and they pay the fees out of their own pockets.

This is about all I got for you, dude.

Shaking_head.gif

Become an employer, preferably in an industry that employs a lot of immigrant labor, get about 15 years under your belt, then try to tell me something about this industry.
You have no idea what I do, Have done or know. Don't assume.

FWIW you said there is nothing else you could check, I say BS if it's that big of deal. It's obviously not and you know exactly what you'r doing (just listen to 'ya).
My brother has the largest construction company around here (In which I am in a consulting position and "In the know").

He has a couple of immigrant workers too (shocker)... There as good as most and better than a few of his other workers, There professional hard workers with good family's, They came up with enough doc's to get the job.

THAT'S NOT THE POINT HERE.

I originally offered sincere advice when you said there's just nothing you could do and fired right back with me being the ignorant one....

Gee I wonder why you have trouble finding people to work for you.

End the welfare state and these jobs would start to look a lot more desirable to Americans. Also, this:

Call me crazy but I don't like massive govt bureaucracy and red tape. Economic freedom and the ease in which you used to be able to start a business with minimal regulations is what prompted prosperity and success and the govt putting massive burdens on the small business owners and job creators is what is stifling the economy.

At the level of the citizen/merchant all that should be required for employment is a contract between the employer and employee. Screening for illegals should be already done at the borders.
NAILED IT!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads