JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get a mirror for you manscaping.. not that there's anything wrong with that.
Either that or a nice rest stop or city park should do ya.
Good luck.

Your best bet is to ask around for a licensed landscape company. You can negotiate pieces with many of them and they take care of any language barrier. You also reduce your chances of a lawsuit if one of the workers gets injured while in your employ, or if there is an issue with immigration status. I would never hire someone off the street, especially not invite them to my home . The personal and financially liability risk is just too much for me.

Yea, that's what you want, a computer literate thief.
I imagine you'd be ok if you met him/them in some parking lot and then tied a bag over their head before driving them to the site. They'll still probably try to steal a kidney so gird thy torso with duct tape.

Your best bet is to ask around for a licensed landscape company. You can negotiate pieces with many of them and they take care of any language barrier. You also reduce your chances of a lawsuit if one of the workers gets injured while in your employ, or if there is an issue with immigration status. I would never hire someone off the street, especially not invite them to my home . The personal and financially liability risk is just too much for me.

People would rather role the dice for a cheaper price. Illegal aliens have destroyed the landscaping business. There is no possible way you can compete with the illegals running the business. They have crap equipment, pay cash under the table and skate on all fees and insurance. I got out of residential landscape contracting years ago, went commercial and then in a different construction trade where that kind of bullsh*t did not go on.

Go ahead and have a couple complete strangers come work on your place, steal you blind later on, fall off the ladder and sue you and own your house. Completely agree with Pirate here.

When I need some landscaping help, Tacoma Home Depot was the spot to hire. Now that loitering is banned there, where has the day labor moved to?

Nice job supporting illegal labor and taking money away from American workers. You hiring these types are a major reason our economy in the trades went to sh*t. Thanks a lot.

Yea, that's what you want, a computer literate thief.
I imagine you'd be ok if you met him/them in some parking lot and then tied a bag over their head before driving them to the site. They'll still probably try to steal a kidney so gird thy torso with duct tape.

Paranoid a bit? Craigslist is a HUGE hub for labor. Hundreds of thousands of people a day get hired for jobs and gigs and services on Craigslist. It's no different than any other method of networking with talent/labor- you have to do your diligence to make sure the person you're talking to is qualified and has a verifiable background. Or, you just don't care, because it's a pure labor gig, and you just need someone to shovel bubblegum for 6 hours. At least someone with a computer isn't a transient, which is a very real possibility grabbing someone off the street.

People would rather role the dice for a cheaper price. Illegal aliens have destroyed the landscaping business. There is no possible way you can compete with the illegals running the business. They have crap equipment, pay cash under the table and skate on all fees and insurance. I got out of residential landscape contracting years ago, went commercial and then in a different construction trade where that kind of bullsh*t did not go on.

Go ahead and have a couple complete strangers come work on your place, steal you blind later on, fall off the ladder and sue you and own your house. Completely agree with Pirate here.

I'd love to know what sector of this wonderful industry of ours you've managed to find an escape from immigrants and shady practices...? I've worked in several trades and in different positions in those trades, and found predominantly sour people and practices in every corner.

Nice job supporting illegal labor and taking money away from American workers. You hiring these types are a major reason our economy in the trades went to sh*t. Thanks a lot.

Nice job spraying about a topic you obviously don't know anything about. We're a post-industrial country/economy now- if you can show me some quality Americans who want to work hard, I'll show you some employed quality Americans who want to work hard. Unfortunately, they're a very rare breed.

I've gone back and forth with immigrant labor, and I can tell you those times I've used it, it was because it's literally the only labor I could find. I have Hispanic guys in my Rolodex (proverbial, of course... lolz) that have done extremely good work for me over the years, and they demand the same price as the proudest white Americans. I've also got a couple dumpsters full of white American numbers- mostly drug addicts.

Americans don't grow up dreaming of tearing off roofs and swinging hammers, boys. That bubblegum's over.

And I'm gonna tell you right now- I almost always get better work from Hispanics. In Latin America, construction jobs are still something to aspire to, something you achieve success. They still want to learn a trade and get good at it. Some actually do, some don't. Here in America, land of the framed degree and cubical, construction is relegated to "mexicans" and white-trash. Subsequently, most PROFESSIONAL quality tradesmen in the trades are Hispanic. Are there a lot of bubblegumty Hispanic workers? Damn straight. You have to vet them just like anyone else. But my experience with white Americans is that if they're smart/good, they're too good for hammer-swinging, and don't last more than the summer. The other 90% are going to be total crap- "sick" all the time, slow, their tools are always getting "stolen" over the weekend, they do bubblegum work and are too prideful to take direction.

I'm torn on this subject. Hire a legit landscaper, roofer, etc. and he's gonna have illegals working for him. bgdawgrr is just cutting out the middle man. If we only had a time machine and could have nipped this problem in the bud decades ago. I know old white guys who used to pick fruit, white kids used to cut lawns, my mom used to clean houses, I used to wash dishes and work as an unskilled construction laborer. Because of greedy, racist business owners and wealthy people needing maids and landscapers and the politicians allowing it, encouraging it to get votes, here we are.
Lazy youth who think they are too good but have no problem with an exploited race of people doing the dirty work! They don't see that allowing this to go on is racist and destroying the country at the same time.

I just hire whoever will do a good job for me and I can afford. Takes research, asking the neighbors etc. I don't care about his paint job! People are just people, good, bad or indifferent. Gotta sniff out the good ones! I used to do all my own home and yard maintence but the old body is too beat up anymore.
Must say, I do suck up the gut, stand tall, wear a well concealing garment, let them see the hostile pony (oops! I mean dog) and let it slip that I'm home most all day.

Well, Ben B. Maybe if you paid a living wage you could afford "White America" I've been in the building trades for 35 years. Hard work and quality is very important to me, always has, always will. Spin it however you want, the reason why people hire cheap labor, is to up their profits, or to pay less period! I run a business that has to compete against cheap and illegal labor. Can't compete anymore, because I pay my help a living wage. I'll be lucky to be in business in a year from now. Signed "White Trash."

Last Edited:
Back to Mexico?

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Well, Ben B. Maybe if you paid a living wage you could afford "White America" I've been in the building trades for 35 years. Hard work and quality is very important to me, always has, always will. Spin it however you want, the reason why people hire cheap labor, is to up their profits, or to pay less period! I run a business that has to compete against cheap and illegal labor. Can't compete anymore, because I pay my help a living wage. I'll be lucky to be in business in a year from now. Signed "White Trash."

I pay the best wages I've ever seen in this entire industry and take the lowest gross margin of any contractor I've ever known or worked for. Yet... I WILL be in business in a year, and in ten years, and in twenty.

Not sure what you're doing wrong, but I suspect your problem is between your ears.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top