Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where is our country headed?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by tkdguy, Jun 22, 2014.

1. tkdguy

tkdguy Portland, Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

As I look at the news with flooded illegals and illegal children, mid East Turmoil, the political class inside the belt way, the stock market moving higher, low interest rates, and out of control gov't agencies, I often wonder where we will be in 12 or 24 months. The internal social infrastructure appears to be overtly decaying. Any ideas? In response to what may be on the horizon what could we do for preparations, or strategies? Thanking you in advance for your thoughts.

2. Don H

Don H Oregon Well-Known Member

Thread closed in 3...2...1

But, while it's open, maybe things have to bottom out before people turn off the ball game and start caring about the direction our country is heading towards. I pray so, anyway.

mjbskwim likes this.
  3. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Like anyone who has been spoiled by success, it will have to get worse before it can get better. We will survive and be the better for it.

4. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

it certainly doesn't look hopeful. If the liberals do well in the fall of 2014 I think its time to go to General Quarters. I am hoping the middle few per cent who voted for the current dude vote the other way. Its the only way to put the brakes on this lunacy.

Brutus Out

5. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

The next elections might surprise me but I feel it's been heading generally down for a few decades. Bottom will be near when the giveaways start drying up and the couch potatoes cable and phone service finally gets cut off.
    The" big revolt" will probably be more like a begging whimpering cry of "what will I do now?", I voted as I was told!"
    The more Important services will begin being rationed soon after. A bit of stored food and water, guns and ammo might come in handy during this dark period. The 1930s depression will seem like a picnic compared to what might be heading our way.

The other more likely scenario is we are fast headed towards a European Nanny State where only the few have cars, guns and the power to control their own destiny. It won't be so bad so don't worry about it too much! A lot of the world live this way and like it.

6. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

it certainly doesn't look hopeful. If the liberals do well in the fall of 2014 I think its time to go to General Quarters. I am hoping the middle few per cent who voted for the current dude vote the other way. Its the only way to put the brakes on this lunacy.

Brutus Oiut

7. 2Wheels4Ever

2Wheels4Ever Central Oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Two words.....Down hill.

Redcap likes this.
  8. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Some people are starting to wake up and realize what they did when they elected the current resident of the White House. We've seen the power shift right and left in the past. Just as there was rebellion toward the end of Clinton's final term, I think people tend to get sick of the status quo. It may actually be a good thing for us in the long run if he keeps making such poor choices, it simply makes a bigger case for changing leadership entirely in the next 2 elections. Mid terms this year will be very telling, assuming those that get in office remember why they were sent there in the first place. Cantor forgot and look what happened to him.

It's not all lost, but we need to get people that are on the fence or unwilling to even cast a vote to get out there and exercise that right. Too many conservatives are sitting out elections because they don't have the 'perfect' candidate - and all that does is allow an even worse candidate in office. Just remember a so-so conservative is usually a better choice than a committed die-hard liberal - at least when it comes to our rights.

9. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

I won't be a popular guy in saying this on this site, but. It's biblical.
    And there's also the law of consecration.

10. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.