JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I live in semi-urban/semi farmland area of the County. I live next to 5 acres of land that has been found by a flock of pigeons. I have a plastic hawk on the roof which is doing a semi good job, but I think that trimming the flock may be needed.

Can I use .177 on these? I have rifle and pistols, but most accurate would be the scoped rifle. If a neighbor sees me and calls the police, would/could I be found out of legal use?

Well without a location it is IMPOSSIBLE to say.

You will need to check Federal, State AND local laws. Even in WA with our preemption the areas for discharge of firearms can be controlled. I know many cities/towns have laws again shooting ANY projectile to legally be it paintball, airsoft or pellet/BB gun it would be illegal.

You should also check to see if it is legal to kill pigeons also............

Good points.
I do know from past experience with the kids playing airsoft, that is 100% legal.
So.. if airsoft is legal, would pellets?

How would I find out if killing pigeons is illegal? That sounds as odd as saying that I can't kill the mole I trapped and killed in my backyard last summer.

Check with your local Department of Wildlife for info on killing the pigeons. I live in a semi farmland area too. ODFW states that you can shoot pest and animals that are harmful to your land ie gopher and some rabbits/hares

you should check with your cleo and your county laws about using a pellet gun. in my case i am allowed to do so.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top